Kellogg is recalling an estimated 1.3 million cases of its Honey Smacks cereal involving more than 30 states.
Kellogg earlier on Thursday said it launched an investigation with the third-party manufacturer that produces the cereal immediately after being contacted regarding reports of illnesses.
Twenty-four people have been hospitalized and no deaths have been reported, the CDC said. In addition to the date, the potentially contaminated boxes can be identified by their UPC codes: 38000 39103 for the 15.3 ounce boxes, and 38000 14810 for the 23 ounce boxes.
Three people in New Jersey are among 73 across the country who have been sickened by eating a Kellogg's cereal that has been recalled due to the possible presence of Salmonella.
Russian Women Should Avoid Sex With Foreign World Cup Fans, Lawmaker Says
Thousands of fans are heading to Russia for the tournament, which kicks off Thursday when the Russian squad takes on Saudi Arabia. Degtyaryov is the head of a parliamentary committee overseeing sports.
The smaller boxes are sold in the United States, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Mexico, the Caribbean, Guam, Tahiti and Saipan.
"Most persons infected with Salmonella develop diarrhea, fever, and abdominal cramps 12 to 72 hours after infection", according to the CDC.
The "Best if Used By Date" can be found on the top of the cereal box and the UPC code can be found on the bottom. Check your home for it and throw it away, or return it to the place of purchase for a refund.
The illness usually lasts about a week or less in healthy adults, but other groups are at a higher risk of developing serious infections and complications.
Salmonella can cause serious illness or even death in rare cases.
- Trump tariffs against China; Spain suffering from tariffs
- TTP chief Mullah Fazal Ullah killed in United States drone strike
- Egyptian press expect Salah to miss World Cup opener
- Trump Mocked After Lauding North Korea's Real Estate Potential
- Research links prescription drugs to depression
- Roller coaster derails; 6 to hospital
- After summit, North Korea shows Trump in striking new light
- Nicole Kidman as Queen Atlanna in 'Aquaman'
- Samsung Chromebook Plus V2 announced, goes on sale June 24
- IG Report: No 'Confidence' Peter Strzok's Decisionmaking 'Free from Bias'