There were two small blasts Monday, including one after a magnitude-5.4 quake, scientists said.
Since the Kilauea volcanic eruption began on May 3, it's spewed 113.5 million cubic meters of lava onto Hawaii's Big Island, according to an estimate from the United States Geological Survey.
Officials on Hawaii's Big Island let some people back into their homes and scaled down emergency operations Monday as lava flowed into the ocean on a path that wasn't threatening new areas.
The ongoing lava flows have forced thousands of people from their homes, although many have been allowed to return on a temporary basis, particularly in the Leilani Estates area.
Also Saturday, there was an explosive eruption of rock and ash at Kilauea's summit at 4:50 a.m. that produced a plume expected to possibly blow to the southwest toward Wood Valley, Pahala and Ocean View.
James Wan looking to make a reboot of 90s horror Arachnophobia
It marked the directorial debut of Frank Marshall , who co-founded Amblin Entertainment. And it would appear that Wan himself will not be directing either.
Meanwhile, officials said Fissure 8 continues to produce a large flow that is entering the ocean at Kapoho Bay and producing a large plume, KHON2 reported.
Latest updates from USGS at 09:32 pm BST said: "A line of closely spaced vents at Fissure 8 are continuing to erupt producing fountains reaching heights up to 160 feet, just higher than the spatter cone around them".
The eruption has also had a toll on the area's tourism industry, with many afraid to travel to the island. To date, the lava has destroyed more than 600 homes.
"I swear to you we're going to do this", he said, according to county spokeswoman Janet Snyder.
"Just a few days ago Kapoho Bay was a handsome vacation destination, filled with vacation homes, attractive beaches and clear water", Forbes wrote last week.
- Rising Kashmir editor Shujaat Bukhari and his PSO shot dead in Srinagar
- Trump aide says Trudeau ‘stabbed us in the back’
- Robert De Niro's censored Trump comments at Tony Awards get standing ovation
- New Death Stranding trailer shown at E3 2018
- Strong Storm Damages Businesses, Overturns Cars In Luzerne County
- Irish PM says EU needs decisions from UK, not internal debate
- Report expected to criticize Comey actions in Clinton email case
- Antarctic Ice Sheet Is Melting Way Faster Than Expected, Scientists Warn
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders planning to leave White House
- Ewan McGregor to star in The Shining sequel Doctor Sleep