For the S60 T8 Twin Engine, there are lightweight wheels, upgraded brakes from Brembo, an adjustable front strut, and adjustable Öhlins shock absorbers with a dual-flow valve that allows stiffening in the springs and dampeners while retaining comfort.
The current V60 covers the 0-62mph dash in 5.1 seconds, but the extra power, combined with software changes to the automatic gearbox, should help Polestar Engineered versions dip under five - numbers which should put the Polestar roughly on par with the S4.
Indeed, Volvo recently announced that all of its future Polestar products - think Mercedes-Benz's AMG or BMW's M products - would be electric.
Bitcoin prices were manipulated
Bitcoin isn't all it has been cracked up to be, according to a new report by a University of Texas professor. Both Tether and Bitfinex have regularly come under suspicion over price manipulation in recent months.
Volvo says the Brembo mono-block brake callipers are cast in one piece and "optimised for rigidity", the brake pads boast "increased heat tolerance" and the brake discs feature a slotted design.
The shocks are borrowed from the Polestar 1 hybrid performance auto, meaning they are adjustable.
Polestar may now be a manufacturer in its own right, but it's teaming up with Volvo for a new range of high-performance parts. Seatbelt straps are gold, too, and the auto comes with Polestar emblems and black chrome exhaust pipes.
We'll have to wait until next week to see the all-new South Carolina-built Volvo S60 in its entirety.
These upgrades will be shown in full when the production S60 saloon is revealed in the USA next week. "All components have been fine-tuned to work together, delivering a responsive and exciting drivers' auto".
- Kevin Durant: My Responsibility Is To Myself, Not The NBA's Competitive Balance
- Apple steps up encrytion to thwart police cracking of iPhones
- David Beckham and Victoria Beckham quash divorce rumours
- U.S., Mexico, & Canada to Host 2026 World Cup
- More than 900 rescued refugees arrive in Sicily
- Canada row escalates, Europeans criticize Trump's G7 move
- Saudi Air Defenses Destroy Houthi Ballistic Missile Fired at Jazan
- Treasury slaps sanctions on Russian firms and execs over cyberattacks
- Houthi Leader's Brother May Be Dead in Offensive on Yemen's Hodeidah
- White House workers 'have to tape Donald Trump's notes back together'