Throughout the tournament our World Cup Daily Team will keep you up to date with the events in Russian Federation.
American actor Will Smith will also be performing the World Cup's anthem alongside Kosovan singer Era Istrefi and Nicky Jam.
"As far as the manner in which they've conducted the recent bid which led to USA and Canada and Mexico being awarded the 2026 World Cup, I think that sends out a really strong signal that Federation Internationale de Football Association has changed". Canada and Mexico would each host 10 games apiece. The United States will host the remaining 60, including the final. Brazil looks to justify their position as +400 tournament chalk as they take on No. 6 Switzerland as -245 betting favourites, while Germany sits as a +475 bet to repeat as World Cup champions as they open their group stage schedule against Mexico as a -205 wager.
According to Canada Soccer, today's vote marks the first time three nations have been selected to co-host a FIFA World Cup and the first time the FIFA World Cup will be played in North America in 32 years.
Arguably the greatest strength of the North American bid is the vast array of already-built stadiums available to organisers, ranging from iconic World Cup venues such as Mexico City's Azteca Stadium to state-of-the-art large-capacity arenas. India, not surprisingly, voted for United 2026.
Pompeo Tries to Clean Up Trump’s Messy Claims About North Korea Summit
On Wednesday, Japan's Defense Minister Itsunori Onodera pointedly said the drills played a "vital role in East Asia's security". Everyone had been wondering how much of his nuclear programme he'd be willing to put on the table to get that.
"Hosting a FIFA World Cup is an extraordinary honor and privilege", said Steven Reed, President of Canada Soccer and Co-Chair of the United Bid, in a statement.
Bid officials have given bullish financial projections, forecasting a record-breaking multi-billion-dollar profit for the expanded tournament.
This year's World Cup soccer tournament has a different flavor then year's past.
Earlier, US Soccer President Carlos Cordeiro has said his bid would generate $14bn in revenue and make an $11bn profit for Federation Internationale de Football Association.
Willa Frej contributed reporting.
- Picture worth a thousand words: Trump, Merkel 'standoff' captures G-7 tensions
- New York's Attorney General Sues The Trump Foundation
- Kim summit drew global reaction, with many expressing cautious hope
- L.A. County prosecutors reviewing sexual assault allegation against Sylvester Stallone
- Microsoft Office 2019 for Mac previews improved inking features and more
- Wendy’s Shades IHOB Over Burger Rebranding: ‘Pancakes Were Too Hard’?
- India vs Afghanistan, one-off Test
- Nadal - The King of Clay- Wins 11th French Open Title
- Millie Bobby Brown deletes Twitter account over memes
- UN Votes Not to Condemn Hamas Over Gaza Riots