Target is under fire for selling a Father's Day card that people think has problematic implications. Others said the card was an example of "microagression racism", per Fox News. "It's not sweet or nice".
'It's a term used to describe a deadbeat or absent parent.
Target is the latest brand to find themselves in a social media mess after customers called them out for selling racially insensitive Father's Day cards. This is an insult to black fathers and a slap in the face to the African American community as a whole.
The American Greetings card, not exclusive to Target, showed a black man and woman kissing under the words "Baby Daddy".
Trump aide says Trudeau ‘stabbed us in the back’
The group of seven nations that make up the G7 are Canada, France , the USA , the UK, Germany, Japan and Italy. Trudeau has the European Union's support, though. "All Justin Trudeau had to do was take the win".
The retailer was alerted about the card last week and is removing the card from its stores.
"We appreciate the feedback and apologize", the Minneapolis-based company wrote to its shoppers. Said Target, "It's never our intention to offend our guests with the merchandise we provide".
Target is yanking the cards.
American Greetings insisted that the card is meant to celebrate a "loving father", but the company agreed the cover of the card could be taken out of context.
Customer ire has pushed Target to remove its ' Baby Daddy' greeting cards from stores ahead of Father's Day. "The card is made for black consumers, so I was disappointed it was the only one".
- Nadal - The King of Clay- Wins 11th French Open Title
- E3 2018: Daemon Ex Machina Announced During Nintendo Direct
- Robbie Williams Mars World Cup Middle Finger With His Music
- Microsoft Office 2019 for Mac previews improved inking features and more
- Dana White Sets New Date for Face-to-Face Conor McGregor Meeting
- Ivanka Trump tweets ‘fake’ proverb sparking debate in China
- The 2026 World Cup will be played in North America
- May sees off more Brexit challenges in Parliament
- ARCTIC BLAST: Trump SLAMS Canada’s Trudeau Over G7 Comments
- New York's Attorney General Sues The Trump Foundation