A powerful storm damaged the Panera Bread restaurant in the Arena Hub shopping area in Wilkes-Barre Township, Pa., on Wednesday.
Multiple buildings collapsed and cars were overturned during the storm in Wilkes-Barre Township. "When that happened, I was like I have to get closer to the inside of the store".
The National Weather Service survey conducted on Thursday confirmed damage consistent with an EF-2 tornado, with estimated maximum winds of 130 miles per hour (201 km/h). Dave Skutnik, the Regional Director of Communications for the Red Cross of Eastern Pennsylvania said that fortunately, there have been no fatalities, but a "few minor injuries" have been reported so far.
In the city of Wilkes-Barre, damage was reported in the area of the Wyoming Valley Mall while the area was under a tornado warning. "We had no idea what was going on", Frie said. Nearly everyone's cars in the parking lot were destroyed. Power lines were knocked down, and debris was scattered throughout the area.
North American trio beats Morocco to host 2026 World Cup
A full slate of World Cup action gets underway on Friday, with Spain taking on Portugal as +105 chalk in a crucial Group B clash. Every World Cup needs the host nation to energise the population, and Russian Federation have ticked that box with this result.
First responders removed the guns and ammunition from Dick's Sporting Goods as a safeguard, and pets were also evacuated from the Petco and PetSmart stores for their safety, Smith said.
According to NWS, a severe thunderstorm caused the tornado, which touched down near Mundy Street and Highland Park Boulevard by Wyoming Valley Mall.
While tornadoes can occur at any time of the year in Pennsylvania, the state sees them most frequently in May, June and July, with June historically bringing the most.
"As we stand right now, we have no leaks", Brominski said Thursday morning.
- Central Colorado wildfire likely human-caused
- Norwegian Lawmakers Nominate President Trump for 2018 Nobel Peace Prize
- New York's Attorney General Sues The Trump Foundation
- To build high-speed commuter system in Chicago
- Canelo Alvarez Vs. GGG Rematch Date Set After Crazy Day Of Negotiations
- Target Apologizes For Father's Day 'Baby Daddy' Cards
- Report expected to criticize Comey actions in Clinton email case
- May sees off more Brexit challenges in Parliament
- Irish PM says EU needs decisions from UK, not internal debate
- E3 2018: Daemon Ex Machina Announced During Nintendo Direct