Like other Fortnite starter packs, this newest one comes with a some in-game loot to get you started if you want to go into the battle royale game looking like you know what you're doing. You can purchase it through the store of whatever platform you're on for $5.99, a similar price to other starter packs that have been released in the past. The same is also true in reverse; a Fortnite account created on or connected to the Switch can't be accessed on the PS4 version of the game. Whichever way you slice it, Sony's stance on this is, rightly or wrongly, landing it in hot water, and the above statement will nearly certainly add fuel to the fire rather than extinguish it.
The other major takeaway is that Sony might have too much power regarding accounts for outside services.
"Fortnite is absolutely massive and it's only going to get bigger - it's about to come to Android - so Sony has got to start thinking about its closed-garden ecosystem". Recently, Sony has taken a serious blow when a huge number of players complained about issues when playing the title on a Nintendo Switch console after initially using it on a PS4 console.
Epic probably shares some blame here for allowing Sony to have this kind control over third-party systems, but for now, Sony is the one shouldering most of it. Sony has reportedly had little interest in cross-platform capabilities in the past, so it isn't hard to imagine that it played a significant role in locking Epic Games accounts to PS4.
Norwegian Lawmakers Nominate President Trump for 2018 Nobel Peace Prize
Trump was nominated by two right-wing members of Norway's Progress Party, which advocates for limited immigration and lower taxes. Trump's summit with Kim is the first time a USA president had met face to face with a North Korean leader.
But the appeal of the Switch is that its portable nature allows owners to play when away from home, and so many have bought it as a second games machine.
Complaints about the matter are already threatening to overshadow Sony's publicity efforts at the E3 video games show in Los Angeles. Sony's policy is so ludicrously anti-consumer that even long-standing PlayStation fans might be tempted to move to another platform.
"We're always open to hearing what the PlayStation community is interested in to enhance their gaming experience", it said.
"With. more than 80 million monthly active users on PlayStation Network, we've built a huge community of gamers who can play together on Fortnite and all online titles".
- Eat Dirt And Taste Victory In Trials Rising On Nintendo Switch
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro May Feature Samsung 6.9-inch OLED Displays
- Nadal - The King of Clay- Wins 11th French Open Title
- You'll Only Play As Ellie in The Last of Us Part II
- May sees off more Brexit challenges in Parliament
- Canelo Alvarez Vs. GGG Rematch Date Set After Crazy Day Of Negotiations
- L.A. County prosecutors reviewing sexual assault allegation against Sylvester Stallone
- Dana White Sets New Date for Face-to-Face Conor McGregor Meeting
- The 2026 World Cup will be played in North America
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses For Nintendo Switch Announced With Trailer