Below are some examples of the meme, which include homophobic slurs. It's unclear why Brown was the target of online harassers, although the actress is an outspoken supporter of LGBTQ causes and advocates for GLAAD's Together movement.
Brown herself has not said whether the memes were behind her decision to pull down her Twitter account either and her Instagram remains active. with comments turned off. The hashtag had first appeared last November and has since resurfaced this month for Pride.
User @thelovelesscIub wrote: 'i think y'all aren't getting the point of the millie bobby brown meme?
Millie has also disabled the comments on her Instagram account, which she posts to frequently.
Nadal - The King of Clay- Wins 11th French Open Title
Nadal, in an on-court interview, also said he's sure that runner-up Thiem will win the tournament in "the next couple of years". Up a break at 2-1 in the third set, Nadal stopped serving after a fault because he couldn't straighten his left middle finger.
There has been a backlash against the meme, especially since Brown deleted her account, with one user writing that "pretending millie bobby brown, a literal child, is a violent homophobe for memes is f**king disgusting and not amusing at all".
The trolls posted the awful memes during Pride month, and one of the completely fake Photoshopped images took off and got wide circulation.
The memes depicted Brown as a "violent homophobe" and earned thousands of likes and retweets.
- India vs Afghanistan, one-off Test
- Wendy’s Shades IHOB Over Burger Rebranding: ‘Pancakes Were Too Hard’?
- Jon Favreau Star Wars Series May Film This Fall
- More than 900 rescued refugees arrive in Sicily
- Woman Gets Head Stuck In Truck’s Exhaust Pipe
- Court slashes Rebel Wilson payout by $3.9 million
- Queen Elizabeth's 92nd birthday celebrations
- The Tesla Roadster's SpaceX package will replace the back seats with rockets
- Picture worth a thousand words: Trump, Merkel 'standoff' captures G-7 tensions
- L.A. County prosecutors reviewing sexual assault allegation against Sylvester Stallone