The new icons will be vector graphics, so they should be able to render on screens of different sizes and resolutions.
The changes are based on a "Three Cs" - customers, context and control - principle, created to focus on the features people use most and making it easier to access them. That bit is definitely coming to everything, with Windows Excel and PowerPoint for Windows rolling out soon, Outlook will get them next month and finally, the Mac editions will fall into line in August.
One interesting aspect of the change is that Microsoft won't just do away with the current ribbon interface; Office 365 users who prefer to work with the full ribbon bar can switch to it with a click on the down arrow icon located at the end of the ribbon bar.
Microsoft today announced it is going to start implementing a lot of design changes to Office. If you don't like it, you can still expand the ribbon to its former size.
Dana White Sets New Date for Face-to-Face Conor McGregor Meeting
At the hearing, it was revealed that McGregor's legal team and the prosecutor are still trying to iron out a plea agreement. McGregor has a hearing in a NY courtroom Thursday related to his alleged attack.
This overhaul will also feature a new search experience.
Microsoft will redesign its software-as-a-service Office.com and Office 365 productivity suites over coming months, with select customers being given access to new features for testing, validation and refinement. This is clearly the case on the Office.com landing page, where the app buttons use shadow and depth to highlight what's under the mouse, but I didn't see any Fluent influence in screenshots and videos of the actual program windows, aside from animations that happen when you hover the mouse over top menus.
Office today has a whole bunch of versions-the traditional, fully featured Win32 desktop applications and their near counterparts on the Mac, along with various simpler versions for the Web, mobile, and Universal Windows Platform (UWP). This so-called "zero query search" functionality will enable users to access contacts, commands and information within Office files with less searching. To name a few, features like the roaming pencil case and ribbon customisations will debut in the Office apps with the new edition.
- L.A. County prosecutors reviewing sexual assault allegation against Sylvester Stallone
- Bitcoin prices were manipulated
- Leicester City Travel To Manchester United In 2018/19 Premier League Opener
- Nadal - The King of Clay- Wins 11th French Open Title
- Pompeo Tries to Clean Up Trump’s Messy Claims About North Korea Summit
- Queen Elizabeth's 92nd birthday celebrations
- A Powerful Dust Storm Has Darkened the Skies Over Opportunity on Mars
- Martial wants to leave Manchester United, claims agent
- ARCTIC BLAST: Trump SLAMS Canada’s Trudeau Over G7 Comments
- SNP membership swells after MPs' mass walkout in Westminster