When Disney acquired Lucasfilm with the intention of making a lot more Star Wars movies, Lucas opted out of having creative control over the films and chose to rather instead just take the many billions and not do much.
"Originally, I was trying to have the story be told by somebody else; there was somebody watching this whole story and recording it, somebody wiser than the mortal players in actual events".
So, George Lucas wanted to explore the role of the creatures called Whills and how they feed off the Force and control it. However, unless you were a fan of the introduction of midi-chlorians in the Star Wars prequels, you'll probably be disappointed. Although he was not part of the creative team on the next trilogy - J.J. Abrams helmed "The Force Awakens" and will return for next year's ninth "Star Wars" film, while Rian Johnson oversaw 2017's "The Last Jedi" - Lucas had a plan for the third cinematic triptych set in his galaxy far, far away.
But Lucas also predicted that his idea wouldn't have been popular with fans seeing how fans reacted to his addition of midi-chlorians as a way to measure a person's Force potential in the prequel trilogy. Abrams and and Co. chose to take the story of the Star Wars sequels in a very different direction than Lucas had intended.
U.S., Mexico, & Canada to Host 2026 World Cup
The two highest-ranked teams according to FIFA's rankings will receive byes, while the other four will play knockout games. Edmonton proved its hosting abilities during the 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup, he said. "So we're speaking to all of them".
"If I'd held onto the company I could've done it [seen the story through to its end], and then it would have been done".
As Comicbook.com points out, this isn't the first time the filmmaker discusses how he would have continued the trilogy if he hadn't sold his company, Lucasfilm, to Disney in 2012. This is something which Lucas himself has been openly critical of as he has previously lambasted the current trilogy for relying on nostalgia rather than building and exploring new worlds.
Lucas' vision of what he wanted to do with Star Wars will never make it to the big screen the way he wanted to-although there may be more instances of certain aspects trickling in there. She's not the only "Star Wars" actress to distance herself from social media after harassment: Daisy Ridley deleted her Instagram account in 2016. But given that Lucas no longer ran the show, filmmaker J.J.
- Canada row escalates, Europeans criticize Trump's G7 move
- God of War Will Get New Game+ Mode At Later Date
- Treasury slaps sanctions on Russian firms and execs over cyberattacks
- Google Home can now handle up to three commands at once
- Houthi Leader's Brother May Be Dead in Offensive on Yemen's Hodeidah
- Eid-il-Fitr: FG declares Friday, Monday public holidays
- Korean officials hold marathon talks ahead of summit
- Leicester City Travel To Manchester United In 2018/19 Premier League Opener
- Kevin Durant: My Responsibility Is To Myself, Not The NBA's Competitive Balance
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Is Free on PS Plus Now