The report said Huawei, China's largest smartphone maker with more than 20 percent market share, may have chose to play it bigger with aims to take an edge in the burgeoning premium market at home where consumers prefer bigger-screen phones to scribble complicated Chinese characters. The brand has ordered for flat panels and not curved ones.
According to a report coming from a Korean website, The Bell, Huawei has already placed orders for 6.9-inch AMOLED panels with Samsung Display. Smartphone makers have been offering devices with larger screens each year in a bid to give you more screen real estate.
Dana White Sets New Date for Face-to-Face Conor McGregor Meeting
At the hearing, it was revealed that McGregor's legal team and the prosecutor are still trying to iron out a plea agreement. McGregor has a hearing in a NY courtroom Thursday related to his alleged attack.
The report said the panel shipments are expected to start in the third quarter this year, which means the phone launch could come later this year or early next year. In a couple of months, the Galaxy Note 9 will hit stores, with an "Infinity Display" around 6.3-inches big, about as big as the Galaxy Note 8's screen. Among these, the P30 series is expected to be announced only after the MWC 2019 tech show, leaving a lot of possibilities for the Mate 20 Pro.
Buyers looking for big-screen phones will have quite a few devices to choose from in the second half of the year. Huawei has a giant following in China and they want their status in the country to grow. One reason why Chinese consumers love big screen phones is because of the large text area occupied by the Chinese characters. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of The Asian Age and/or other staff and contributors to this website.
- Queen Elizabeth's 92nd birthday celebrations
- L.A. County prosecutors reviewing sexual assault allegation against Sylvester Stallone
- Nadal - The King of Clay- Wins 11th French Open Title
- SNP membership swells after MPs' mass walkout in Westminster
- Telltale is working on a Stranger Things game
- Arsenal hold talks with Uruguay and Sampdoria holding midfielder Lucas Torreira
- Leicester City Travel To Manchester United In 2018/19 Premier League Opener
- A Powerful Dust Storm Has Darkened the Skies Over Opportunity on Mars
- Eat Dirt And Taste Victory In Trials Rising On Nintendo Switch
- Woman Gets Head Stuck In Truck’s Exhaust Pipe