The home win in 1998 was the last time France won the ultimate prize in world football and now 20 years later, expectations are high for the 23-man squad travelling to Russian Federation for this year's tournament.
"He's more talented than any midfielder of my generation".
The 1998 World Cup winners were drawn in Group C and will face Australia in Kazan on June 16, Peru in Yekaterinburg on June 21 and Denmark in Moscow on June 26. I wish we could have Pogba like this every game.
Canada row escalates, Europeans criticize Trump's G7 move
Trump's stinging critique - while technically accurate - obscures the larger trade relationship between the two countries. Trudeau says five of the G7 countries agreed to a plastics charter to further protect the environment and oceans.
"If you're 1-0 up, you're not bringing him on to close the game down".
Therefore, dropping Pogba encourages Deschamps to use a 4-2-3-1 formation, one more suited to counter-attacking football, a style of play that better fits France's personnel.
N'Golo Kante will also play in the French midfield, but the other spot is up for grabs between Blaise Matuidi of Juventus and Bayern Munich's Corentin Tolisso.
Taking a page out of Luis Enrique's book whilst he managed Barcelona, France could bypass the midfield altogether, focussing on quick transitions from back to front, with long balls from defence into a front three of Griezmann, Mbappe and Dembele, allowing the trio to work their magic with freedom in the final third.
Let us know your thoughts on how Pogba and France will fare at this summer's World Cup in Russian Federation.
- Kevin Durant: My Responsibility Is To Myself, Not The NBA's Competitive Balance
- 'Changed Era' As Trump And Kim Prepare For Singapore Summit
- Houthi Leader's Brother May Be Dead in Offensive on Yemen's Hodeidah
- Lea performs at Tonys with 'Once On This Island' cast
- Judge OKs AT&T merger with Time Warner
- Eid-il-Fitr: FG declares Friday, Monday public holidays
- Your toddler is nearly definitely consuming too much sugar
- Vivo Nex with bezel-less display, pop-up selfie camera launched
- Peter Navarro's apology to Justin Trudeau for 'hell' remark
- Trump heaps praise on 'tough guy' Kim Jong Un