Mike Flanagan is now on board to write and direct, with filming slated to start later this year.
And now King's sequel to The Shining is heading to the big screen, Variety revealed Wednesday. Flanagan's frequent collaborative partner Trevor Macy will produce alongside Vertigo Entertainment's Jon Berg. Following the success of New Line's "It", every studio with any sort of King IP under its roof has fast-tracked each property into pre-production. According to Variety, he has lingering rage and a drinking problem that dulls his pain as well as his "shining" powers.
In Doctor Sleep, released in 2013, Danny is an adult and still haunted by the events at the Overlook Hotel. Both have led to the dilution of his "Shining" powers, which slowly begin to re-emerge as Danny turns to sobriety, and uses them to help hospice patients.
Central Colorado wildfire likely human-caused
The couple said they would like to encourage people to donate to the community foundation serving southwest Colorado. State and county roads running through the forests remain open, but virtually all other uses have been barred.
Danny befriends a young girl with similar "shining" powers, before the two discover they are being hunted by a group with who want to kill them to enhance their own abilities. They've found that their powers grow if they inhale the "steam" that comes off others with the power to shine, when they are suffering painful deaths.
Ewan McGregor can be seen later this year in Disney's Christopher Robin alongside Hayley Atwell. He is repped by UTA.
- Report expected to criticize Comey actions in Clinton email case
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses For Nintendo Switch Announced With Trailer
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders planning to leave White House
- Robbie Williams Mars World Cup Middle Finger With His Music
- Who will win the Golden Boot? Lionel Messi? Neymar?
- You'll Only Play As Ellie in The Last of Us Part II
- Norwegian Lawmakers Nominate President Trump for 2018 Nobel Peace Prize
- Pompeo says North Korea sanctions to remain until complete denuclearization
- India rejects United Nations report on human rights violation in Kashmir
- Strong Storm Damages Businesses, Overturns Cars In Luzerne County