The Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee will meet on Thursday evening in Karachi for Shawal moon sighting.
Earlier the Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) said there are visible chances of the Eid-ul-Fitr moon being sighted on June 15 (Friday).
"For the past two days, the weather has been dusty to confirm about the first day of Eid in Oman".
Saudi Arabia's King Salman also issued a directive last Tuesday to extend this year's Eid Al Fitr holiday.
Mr Dambazau also urged all Nigerians, irrespective of their religion, to use the occasion of the celebration to pray for the peace, unity, prosperity and stability of the nation.
Fed Raises Interest Rates, Signals 2 More Hikes This Year
The Fed had said its key rate "is likely to remain, for some time, below levels that are expected to prevail in the longer run". Keeping investors in check were concerns about US threats to impose tariffs on billions of dollars in Chinese goods.
Based on that, Ramadan, which began on Thursday, May 17, is expected to run for 29 days. However, the number of days in the month is only established after sighting of the moon.
The details of Shawwaal moon sighting are available on The Climate Data Processing Centre's official website.
But if the new moon is not seen by the committee on Thursday, Friday will be assumed as Ramadan 30 and Eid Al Fitr will begin on Saturday.
Under the plans, government and military staff will receive around a full working week off to mark the holiday.
- God of War Will Get New Game+ Mode At Later Date
- IPhone X Plus Design Scheme Leaks Reveal Triple Camera Setup
- Peter Navarro's apology to Justin Trudeau for 'hell' remark
- Canada row escalates, Europeans criticize Trump's G7 move
- Korean officials hold marathon talks ahead of summit
- 'Don't expect too much': Rodman plays down Kim Trump breakthrough
- Climbing MPR Raccoon has been trapped
- 'Changed Era' As Trump And Kim Prepare For Singapore Summit
- Judge OKs AT&T merger with Time Warner
- Apple steps up encrytion to thwart police cracking of iPhones