Ronaldo was part of the triumphant Brazil squad at the 1994 World Cup, albeit he did not feature, and then claimed the Golden Boot with eight goals as he led his nation to the trophy eight years later.
Others who are among the all-time leading goalscorers in FIFA World Cup history, according to Transfermarkt, are Jurgen Klinsmann, Sandor Kocsis, Teofilo Cubillas, Grzegorz Lato, Thomas Muller, Helmut Rahn, Gabriel Batistuta and Gary Lineker.
Williams said: "I'm so happy and excited to be going back to Russian Federation for such a unique performance".
The World Cup opening ceremony will have a slightly different format compared to previous editions of the tournament.
Diego Godin is the captain of Uruguay
One thing will remain the same, however: the underlying theme of celebrating not only football but also the host country, this time with a touching performance by one of Russia's most acclaimed young voices in Garifullina.
The Pharaohs fell in an arguably reasonable group, in their first World Cup appearance since 1990, alongside Uruguay, the hosts Russian Federation and Saudi Arabia.
"The image that I will be presenting to the whole world will be very symbolic and associated with a dream coming to life".
The opening ceremony will take place at Moscow's Luzhniki Stadium.
Trump also assured that the United States would hold the tournament "in a similarly open and festive manner" as the 1996 and 2002 Olympic Games that the U.S. hosted, the Times reported. Once the Opening Ceremony concludes, Russian Federation and Saudi Arabia will kick off the tournament for real.
Grandmother drove with 2 children locked in dog kennels, police say
Authorities say a Memphis woman was arrested after video showed her transporting two children in pet kennels. WATN said it attempted to contact Cheeks at her home over the weekend, but no one answered the door.
- AT&T, Time Warner Merger Approved by Judge
- Trump aide apologises for saying there's 'special place in hell' for Trudeau
- Few showers, storms possible Tuesday: Hot and humid rest of the week
- Rose McGowan indicted on cocaine charge in Loudoun Co
- Rafael Nadal secures 11th French Open title
- Watching, stunned, during the blowup of the G7 meeting
- Kyrie Irving says signing extension with Celtics "just doesn’t make any sense"
- Jose Mourinho Still Keen To Agree Deal With Controversial Midfielder
- Trump says he will halt Korea war games
- Government avoids defeat on Brexit bill