An armed man in Paris claiming to have explosives, has reportedly taken at least 3 people hostage.
"All the hostages are safe and sound", Gerard Collomb said in a brief statement. "The negotiator had difficulty understanding".
"Two hostages. including one who had petrol poured on them", have been freed police said.
There was no indication of a terrorist motive, police said.
The area around the incident in the 10th arrondissement of Paris was ringed off by police.
Rafael Nadal secures 11th French Open title
Thiem reached the semi-finals at Roland Garros the previous two years, but this is the 24-year-old's first grand slam final. Another forehand victor from Nadal found a corner, and Thiem yelled toward his coach. "He beat really good players".
Police officers of the BRI intervention squad prepare a shield on June 12, 2018 near the site of an ongoing hostage taking in central Paris.
The man has asked to be put in contact with the Iranian embassy.
During the negotiations, the hostage-taker reportedly evoked a odd mix of events, from the September 11 attack on the World Trade Center to the kidnapping and death past year of a young girl in an Alpine town.
According to media reports, three people were taken hostage, including a pregnant woman. Police swept vehicles in the area with a device but found nothing, he said. He reportedly struck one man, who managed to escape, but was doused with gasoline.
- Kyrie Irving says signing extension with Celtics "just doesn’t make any sense"
- Paris street on lockdown amid reports of armed man holding people hostage
- Virginia's 2018 Midterm Primary is Tuesday
- 12 dead, 31 wounded in Kabul attack: health ministry
- Everton and Newcastle Target Bas Dost Terminates Sporting Lisbon Contract
- Super Eagles land in Russian Federation
- India welcomes Trump-Kim summit; calls it 'positive development'
- Police operation over hostage situation in Paris
- Trump ‘can’t jump ahead’ in North Korea negotiations: Leon Panetta
- Greece and Macedonia reach historic accord on name row: Greek official