It was no secret that Atletico had been looking for attacking reinforcements, as the club reluctantly sold both Yannick Carrasco and Nicolas Gaitan to Chinese Super League side Dalian Yifang in February, well after the transfer window had closed in LaLiga.
Antoine Griezmann says he has made a decision on his future but refused to clarify where he will play next season when he spoke to reporters at France's World Cup camp in Russian Federation on Tuesday.
Atletico Madrid ace Antoine Griezmann has declared he's made a decision about his future - but will not announcement it.
He had previously stated the matter would be sorted before the World Cup, which begins on Thursday.
France play their opening game of the tournament on Saturday against Australia.
Rafael Nadal secures 11th French Open title
Thiem reached the semi-finals at Roland Garros the previous two years, but this is the 24-year-old's first grand slam final. Another forehand victor from Nadal found a corner, and Thiem yelled toward his coach. "He beat really good players".
Atletico Madrid striker Antoine Griezmann said on Tuesday he has made a final decision on his future but refused to say where he will be playing next season. "And Griezmann is one of them", Messi told Sport.
However, at a press conference in Russian Federation on Tuesday, the 27-year-old repeatedly laughed off questions regarding a potential move before claiming he has made up his mind where he will be playing next season.
"I know that many of you were waiting for that".
The duo are being interviewed at the same time, reeling off names of their favourite players as the presenter says: 'They are so cute we can not refuse them anything'.
If the Catalan club signed him now, it would cost them €200 million but if they wait until the turn of the month, it will be halved to €100 million.
- Grandmother drove with 2 children locked in dog kennels, police say
- Anthony Bourdain's 'Parts Unknown' Series to Remain on Netflix Following Fan Outcry
- Angelina Jolie ordered to give Brad Pitt more time with kids
- AT&T, Time Warner Merger Approved by Judge
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' crosses $2 billion in box office
- Rose McGowan indicted on cocaine charge in Loudoun Co
- 'We have a deal,' Greece says on decades-old Macedonian name dispute
- Trump says he will halt Korea war games
- Justify's stablemate Restoring Hope accused of blocking at Belmont Stakes
- Trump aide apologises for saying there's 'special place in hell' for Trudeau