Prior to boarding the flight to Russia, Salah trained for the first time with his Egypt team-mates and seemed in good spirits as a miraculous recovery looked as if it had been achieved.
Salah teased the camera with a suggestive wink as speculation mounts regarding whether he will be fit enough in time for Egypt's crunch opening game against Uruguay on Friday.
He may well not be fit to play from matchday one, but when he does feature, all eyes will be on Liverpool's Egyptian king.
Salah jogged for about 30 minutes in a training session as his teammates worked on the same pitch in Grozny for the match in Ekaterinburg. So I thought to myself, I have quite a few games to play before the end of the season, I can break the all-time record!
However, Salah did some light running in Grozny on Monday, monitored by medical staff, as the other Egypt players took part in a group warm-up.
Few showers, storms possible Tuesday: Hot and humid rest of the week
Beyond Wednesday , rain chances become minimal as high temperatures creep back into the 90s for the second half of the week. The main threat will be focused across the southern half of the region from late afternoon through Wednesday morning.
Mohamed Salah appeared uncomfortable and eager to protect his injured shoulder as an Egypt fan attempted to claim a selfie with the Liverpool star.
"We will not pressure Mohamed".
Salah told reporters on Sunday that he expected to play against Uruguay, before he flew to Russian Federation with the rest of the Egyptian squad.
- Free Climbing Raccoon Captures Hearts and Minds Scaling Minnesota Skyscraper
- Angelina Jolie ordered to give Brad Pitt more time with kids
- North Korea: Trump has agreed to step-by-step denuclearization
- Griezmann: Today isn't the day to discuss my future
- Paris police in ‘hostage taking’ standoff with armed man
- All the Highlights from Bethesda's E3 Showcase
- Justify's stablemate Restoring Hope accused of blocking at Belmont Stakes
- Dancing FBI agent who accidentally shot someone is arrested
- Rose McGowan indicted on cocaine charge in Loudoun Co
- India welcomes Trump-Kim summit; calls it 'positive development'