With the likes of The Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast continuing to prove box office gold, Disney is continuing to remake its classics in live-action (or, photoreal-animated) form - and its latest offers an intriguing pairing of material and director.
Check out the trailer! With that in mind, it will be interesting to see whether Burton and screenwriter Ehren Kruger stick to that spartan approach or actually add some additional flare to the beloved tale.
When the first strains of the haunting "Baby Mine" float over the first trailer of the live-action Dumbo, you know you're in for some emotional damage.
Holt is a former horse showman who, after returning from World War I a widower and having lost an arm, comes home to his two children and a circus business which is anything but successful and run by Danny DeVito's Max Medici.
Aquarius: the migrant ship at centre of ugly European row
Italy's new Interior Minister Matteo Salvini said "saving lives is a duty, turning Italy into a huge refugee camp is not". Italy refused because some politicians there don't want the country to take in as many migrants as it has in the past.
Every one of Disney's live-action "reimaginings" have made more money at the box office than the title before it.
However, Dumbo will not be having Depp in the lead; instead the movie will star Colin Farrell, Michael Keaton, Danny DeVito, Eva Green and Alan Arkin. Burton personally chose the singer-songwriter to be involved in the film. In 2019, we're getting three more of these reimaginings in the span of just five months and the trailer for the first has landed. But when they discover that Dumbo can fly, the circus makes an incredible comeback, attracting persuasive entrepreneur V.A. Vandevere (Michael Keaton), who recruits the peculiar pachyderm for his newest, larger-than-life entertainment venture, Dreamland.
The "Dumbo" live-action remake opens March 29, 2019, in USA theaters.
- Prince George and Princess Charlotte Play at Polo Event
- Sky's Thomas tunes up for Tour with Dauphine success
- The mysterious deaths of African ancient trees
- No impact from farmers' blockade on refinery operations - Total
- Gather Round to Squee Over The "Wonder Woman 1984" First Look Images
- Fyre Festival Founder Billy McFarland Arrested for New Ticket-Selling Scam
- What are the US-South Korea war games?
- Michael Cohen ‘Likely’ to Cooperate With Federal Prosecutors
- UBER to ID drunk Riders
- South Carolina Midterm Primary Results