The Manchester United player was not charged, however Sanchez, who was then leader of the opposition, publicly stated that he was "uneasy" with De Gea as Spain's number one heading into the 2016 European Championship.
The 27-year-old has always been a target for Real Madrid and speculation is rife that he might join the Champions League victor ahead of the 2018-2019 season.
Spanish news outlet, Diario Gol reports however that Real Madrid skipper, Ramos, has told the club to abandon their plans to sign De Gea.
He would reportedly take some convincing to make the move to Atletico's city rivals but Ramos is said to believe the deal is worth the hassle.
De Gea, though, says he is focused only on his national team commitments with Spain as Julen Lopetegui looks to guide La Roja to a second World Cup trophy. What happens is that what they said at the time was public and that's why I think that the apologies should also be in public.
'You have to be focused on having a good World Cup - we are all good. Hopefully, we can go far and win.
According to Diario Gol, who are renowned for their outlandish transfer rumours, Los Blancos skipper Ramos has got involved in the saga by holding talks with De Gea during Spain's global training camp.
Donald Trump's ZTE deal poised for Senate rollback
But a bipartisan group on Capitol Hill was upset from the moment that the president first got involved. Republican and Democratic lawmakers introduced the amendment last week.
"I am a very calm guy and it is hard for me to be affected, but you have family, people close to you, who are affected more. I still don't know what was behind it all and everything that came out a few days before the start of Euro 2016". "I just want to be 100 percent focused on the World Cup".
There is talk of De Gea, rated as one of the best in the world, jumping ship from Man United to Real Madrid.
Spanish giants Real Madrid have been linked with a move for David de Gea for a long time now. De Gea denied the accusations, which an investigation found to be false. "A lot of people criticised me, knowing that what they said about me was not correct, but afterwards they did not have the bravery to rectify what they said".
"In the end, things are proven and we saw that it was all a lie".
Spain completed their 2018 World Cup warm-up schedule with a 1-0 victory over Tunisia on Saturday, following on from a 1-1 draw with Switzerland at El Madrigal a week prior.
It had been said they could look to strike a deal before the World Cup begins in Russian Federation.
- Pope Accepts Resignation Of Bishop He Initially Defended In Sex Abuse Scandal
- Golf Roundup: Dustin Johnson reclaims world's top spot with St. Jude win
- All the Highlights from Bethesda's E3 Showcase
- After a well-deserved break, when will Triple Crown victor Justify race again?
- Devolver Digital E3 2018: Metal Wolf Chaos XD
- Angelina Jolie ordered to give Brad Pitt more time with kids
- Trump Antagonizes Trudeau, Hurting All US Alliances
- North Korea: Trump has agreed to step-by-step denuclearization
- 'We have a deal,' Greece says on decades-old Macedonian name dispute
- Justify's stablemate Restoring Hope accused of blocking at Belmont Stakes