He has since told authorities that he "wants to get a message to the Iranian embassy and the French government", a source at the scene said, reports DM.
At least two people, including a pregnant woman, have been taken hostage in Paris, French media reports.
Anti-terrorist police are surrounding the Mixicom computer store in the French capital's 10th arrondissement, close to the Gare du Nord Eurostar hub.
The police said there was no indication that the incident was terrorism-related, but declined to elaborate on the hostage-taker's motive.
South Korea Didn't See This Coming - Cortney O'Brien
Trump and Kim signed a document that calls for Pyongyang to work "toward complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula". "I hope - but am not yet confident - that (North Korea) will take steps that match the concessions Mr.
There initially were three hostages, but one was reportedly freed shortly after the hostage-taking began at about 4 p.m.in the office of a startup, police union official Yves Lefebvre said. The suspect reportedly doused two of the hostages with gasoline after the one managed to escape.
Pictures from the scene show armed officers surrounding the Rue des Petites Ecuries.
Police have not confirmed that the hostage-taker is armed. "His demands were really vague and incoherent", said an interior ministry official.
- Unbeaten Deontay Wilder, Anthony Joshua appear poised for title unification bout
- 'Fortnite' is coming to Nintendo Switch today
- Atletico Madrid Antoine Griezmann refuses to confirm future plans
- Police operation over hostage situation in Paris
- $0 Salaries Didn't Hurt Ivanka, Kushner in 2017
- Homeowners association issued gator warning before attack
- French Open 2018: Nadal defeats Thiem to win 11th title
- Real Madrid Have Announced Their New Manager
- Key four areas mentioned in the US-North Korea signed document
- Canadian lawmakers unanimously accuse USA of attacking Trudeau