JLR said the switch of production to the £1bn plant in Nitra, Slovakia - which is due to open at the end of the year - is not connected to concerns over Brexit.
Britain's biggest carmaker, Jaguar Land Rover Automotive Plc, is moving all production of its Land Rover Discovery to Slovakia from a plant near Birmingham, which will be retooled to accommodate a new generation of electric cars.
"The new, award winning Range Rover Velar was an important contributor". The biggest plant in the company, it now employs 9,000 people.
The group saw pre-tax profit slump to £364 million in the three months to March 31, down from £676 million in the same period a year ago. It has also blamed Brexit for hitting demand in Europe's second-largest autos market, where demand fell 6 percent past year.
E3 2018: Toys-To-Life Game Starlink Gets Release Date
Much like other toys-to-life games (think Skylanders and Disney Infinity ), you'll use physical toys to claim in-game goodies. Starlink: Battle for Atlas comes to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on October 16.
"This significant investment and technology upgrade in Solihull in order to accommodate our next-generation of flagship Land Rover models, and the refit of our Halewood plant for the next Evoque, is proof that we remain committed both to the United Kingdom and to transformation and growth", the group said.
Alongside this, JLR says "a significant investment and technology upgrade" in Solihull will prepare the plant for other new and upcoming Land Rover models.
A JLR statement also detailed plans for a refit at the Halewood production facility in Liverpool ahead of the next Range Rover Evoque's launch next year - meaning the entry-level Range Rover will continue to be produced at the plant. The next-generation Defender is also set to the built there, given its relationship to the Discovery's underpinnings and the lower production costs.
JLR has an agreement with contract manufacturer Magna Steyr to build the Jaguar E-Pace and all-electric I-Pace, it's first full-electric auto, in Austria.
The E-Pace is the smaller version of the hugely popular F-Pace Jaguar SUV and has been one of the company's strongest sellers over recent months.
- Apple bans cryptocurrency mining on iPhones and iPads
- US Air Force deserter found after 35 years
- Trump and Kim Arrive in Singapore Ahead of Historic Summit
- Seven big differences between Anthem and Destiny 2
- Trump tweets that his top economic advisor suffered heart attack
- E3 2018: New Kingdom Hearts III Trailer Features Pirates of the Caribbean
- At the Trump-Kim Summit, Human Rights Are on the Agenda
- Inside Kanye West's 41st birthday bash
- Man killed in stabbing attack on Japan bullet train
- Attorney General Denies Asylum To Victims Of Domestic Abuse, Gang Violence