When IHOP announced last week in a cryptic tweet it would change its name to IHOb, the restaurant chain aimed to draw attention to the "mystery" of what the letter might stand for. The 60-year-old pancake chain announced its decision to drop the Pancakes from its name, and has rebranded as the International House of Burgers.
Just as many speculated on social media about the name change, Twitter has been quick to react to the great reveal.
The president of IHOP welcomed the country to the restaurant chain's newest venture on "Fox & Friends" Monday morning. "I can't understand who thought the breakfast game wasn't working out and that the solution was to become a burger joint".
Trump, Trudeau swap jokes but hold firm in trade dispute
John McCain believes it. there's a movement all over the world to look inward, not outward, and I think it's a mistake. But Twitter users went wild over another, much less serious issue: Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's eyebrows.
To learn more about the company's pivot in menu, we got in touch with IHOP's spokesperson, Stephanie Peterson. It revealed a number of new burgers on its menu, calling them "ultimate steakburgers", including a "big brunch" burger that comes topped with an egg. The change is not permanent, a company spokeswoman said, but rather is a move to promote its new burger line. In fact, if IHOb isn't putting a burger between two fluffy buttermilk pancakes, it's missing out on a golden marketing opportunity.
Nevertheless, the change is only temporary, and meant to help roll out their selection of seven, tasty burgers.
"Not really afraid of the burgers from a place that decided pancakes were too hard", Wendy's said in another tweet. "We've pancaked pancakes for 60 years now so it's the ideal time to start burgerin' burgers".
Other companies like MoonPie and Pop-Tarts threw some not-so-subtle shade at IHOb.
- Hawaii volcano: Kilauea crater rocked by 5.5 magnitude quake
- Inside Kanye West's 41st birthday bash
- Fenella Fielding Awarded An OBE In Queen's Birthday Honours List
- Square Enix Shows Off Kingdom Hearts 3 Gameplay in New Trailer
- Apple bans cryptocurrency mining on iPhones and iPads
- Bill would keep 4 New Jersey casinos in sports betting game
- How the Trump-Kim summit is playing in North Korea
- US Air Force deserter found after 35 years
- Scotland duo Calum MacLeod and Grant Bradburn join Derbyshire for T20 blast
- France's Macron seeks to forge European front against Trump