They sought to tighten up the state's regulations on flamethrowers, which now apply only to devices that emit flames going out farther than 10 feet.
For legal reasons, the machines are named Not-a-Flamethrower.
The SpaceX CEO's tunnel construction firm, The Boring Company, delivered 1,000 of the 20,000 limited-run flamethrowers sold previous year.
At least a thousand people gathered in front of SpaceX's California HQ, on Saturday, to attend the sale launch of the "Not-a-Flamethrower". Up to 1,000 customers can pick up their Not-a-Flamethrower, toast some marshmallows, take some fun pics, prep to take on a zombie horde, and (of course) receive a refund for their shipping charges.
"Anyways, we are hosting a Not-a-Flamethrower pickup party in Los Angeles on June 9, 2018, from noon to 5 pm".
E3 2018: New Kingdom Hearts III Trailer Features Pirates of the Caribbean
What are you hoping to see at the Square Enix E3 Showcase? The bad news? Square Enix is keeping quiet on details until August. Kingdom Hearts III has been all over E3 2018, and it's shown up once more for Sony's press conference.
The clever idea behind these flamethrower pick up parties originally stemmed from the fact that shipping these devices proved to be quite hard given the fact that they contained propane. "Even though it's written in a joking manner".
In another tweet with a photo of a couple with their flamethrower and a baby carriage, Musk wrote, "Nothing makes your baby more zen than a few gentle puffs of a TBC Flamethrower'". Eager new flamethrower owners posted pictures and video on social media trying them out.
It continued: "I will not use this in a house, I will not point this at my spouse, I will not use this in an unsafe way, The best use is créme brulee".
Meanwhile, YouTube vlogger Justine Ezarik accidently burned down parts of her backyard while filming videos demonstrating how to cook with the machine.
And then there's this guy who appears to have lit up something else...
But selling a flamethrower was a bit more challenging than selling hats.
- Tony Awards winners take the stage to accept their gongs
- Apple bans cryptocurrency mining on iPhones and iPads
- E3 2018: Toys-To-Life Game Starlink Gets Release Date
- Trump Kim summit: Both leaders are in place
- IHOP flips over burgers, changes ‘p’ to ‘b’ in logo
- Seven big differences between Anthem and Destiny 2
- CRAWFORD | Justify the hype: Baffert's colt wins Triple Crown
- Man killed in stabbing attack on Japan bullet train
- US Air Force deserter found after 35 years
- White House economic adviser Kudlow suffers heart attack