While the Golden State Warriors have a two-time NBA Finals MVP in Kevin Durant, an elite spark plug in Stephen Curry and a defensive ace in Draymond Green, the unsung hero of their NBA season has been the head of physical performance and sports medicine, Chelsea Lane. The Golden State Warriors star forward is right in the middle of his prime. "Just thinking about all that I've been through this year with the ankle and the knee and all that type of stuff, she's just kept me sane". "This place gives me that", Durant said. It's a lot of different conversations that have to take place, and if that's something that we want to look into, I'm sure we could have those.
"I just don't think it'll happen".
Given that the Warriors won an National Basketball Association title in 2015, and won a record 73 games the following year before barely losing to James's Cavs with an injury-hobbled Curry, many believed that they were the last team in the league in need of Durant's difference-making talents.
The Warriors will have seven free agents this summer.
"Getting younger is an important factor for us", Warriors coach Steve Kerr said Monday. It's a lot tougher to actually walk away when the time comes.
"There wasn't anything emotionally that was bothering us, it was more we gotta figure this out strategically and I think we did".
Domino's Pizza offering to fill in potholes nominated by customers
The company helped fill five potholes in Burbank, eight in Bartonville, 40 in Milford, and 150 square yards of roads in Athens. Domino's Pizza is underscoring the importance of its carryout business by working to make roads easier to drive on.
But signing older guys - whether that be ones who were on the team this past year or a new batch of ring chasers - is still something the Warriors need to do this offseason.
- Highest priority on the summer checklist: Kevin Durant's contract.
"For sure this was the toughest of the four, mainly because of the cumulative effect of doing this four years in a row, getting to the Finals four years in a row, it's just hard".
"[The Durant comments were] just for the media, he can't have anything he wants", Myers said.
How it all shakes out is anyone's guess, but the Warriors know it has to shake - at least a bit - if they're going to be back in the same position this time next year.
- Canadian lawmakers unanimously accuse USA of attacking Trudeau
- Category 3 Hurricane Bud heads north off Mexico
- Toddler wandering dangerously close to highway rescued by quick-thinking officer
- Tea Towels Can Put You At Risk For Food Poisoning, Research Says
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Officially Revealed, Coming January 2019
- South Korea Didn't See This Coming - Cortney O'Brien
- Everton and Newcastle Target Bas Dost Terminates Sporting Lisbon Contract
- $0 Salaries Didn't Hurt Ivanka, Kushner in 2017
- Brazilian great Bueno dies aged 78
- Washington opens de facto embassy in Taiwan, angering China