Despite yet another season in which Ronaldo won the Champions League with Real, rumours of the forward's potential exit from the club have surfaced once again.
Effectively ruling out the Middle East, China, Japan and the Middle East for the time being, Ronaldo is understood to be interested in Ligue 1, Serie A or returning to the Premier League.
Cristiano Ronaldo has been with the Madrid club since 2009. The celebrated footballer had rejected a "heavily bonus-based" new contract earlier this year, according to Daily Mail.
Ronaldo's future at Real Madrid has been a source of speculation in recent days after he hinted that he is going to consider his situation after the Champions League final.
Rafael Nadal ready for 'tough final' against Dominic Thiem on Sunday
Nadal simply had too much power and consistency for Argentina's fifth seed Juan Martin del Potro in the match that followed. It is the second straight all-American girls' final at Roland Garros, after Whitney Osuigwe beat Claire Liu past year .
Ronaldo, though, is "disgusted" with the latest offer, which is not much better than the one that was discussed a year ago, according to Marca.
A romantic return to Manchester United has always been on the cards, as has opting for a lucrative change of scene with Paris Saint-Germain.
Other commentators speculate that Ronaldo could even be jealous over Real's courting of Paris Saint-Germain´s Brazilian star Neymar.
Ronaldo, who hit 15 goals in Real's Champions League-winning campaign after a slow start, starred during Portugal's 3-0 win over Algeria in their pre-World Cup warm-up in Lisbon on June 7.
- Scotland duo Calum MacLeod and Grant Bradburn join Derbyshire for T20 blast
- Tesla's Autopilot to get 'full self-driving feature' in August
- PM 'to appeal for unity' on Brexit vote
- Deontay Wilder agrees to fight Anthony Joshua in world heavyweight unification fight
- At the Trump-Kim Summit, Human Rights Are on the Agenda
- Kim: North Korean Leader Says Summit Like Being in a Sci-Fi Movie
- Trump Kim summit: Both leaders are in place
- Is IHOP changing its name?
- Tony Awards winners take the stage to accept their gongs
- Halo Infinite may be next-gen, and may be single-player only