"It's kind of like ... if you were sitting with a friend and then out of the blue, you just punched them in the face", he said.
"I don't understand the obsession with trade relations with Canada", he said on Fox's "Sunday Morning Futures", given that Canada is the biggest single buyer of American goods and services in the world. He learned. That's going to cost a lot of money for the people of Canada. "And that's what bad-faith Justin Trudeau did with that stunt press conference".
Minnesota trade experts say the Trump tariffs set a bad precedent.
Trump's comments came after Trudeau's closing news conference at the G7 summit in Quebec, where the prime minister said he had pushed back against the Trump administration's tariffs on steel and aluminum.
The House of Commons unanimously supported to a motion presented by New Democratic Pary (NDP) MP Tracey Ramsey, condemning the US actions given the "longstanding, mutually-beneficial trading relationship".
Resident Evil 2 Remake Officially Revealed, Coming January 2019
The remake of the title will be different, switching to a new modern third-person perspective. All of the memorable bits from RE2 seem to be present and correct, with rookie cop Leon S.
Larry Kudlow, the White House economic adviser, also characterized Trudeau's remarks as a "betrayal".
The sector, worth $21 billion (US$16.2 billion) in farm and processed dairy shipment sales, is the target of blistering verbal attacks and Twitter posts from Trump who complains that Canada's tariffs, as high as 314 per cent, are unfair to the United States. It's either 17 but could actually be 100 billion. "You know, we put out that picture. This I've never seen before, nor has anyone else", Mulroney said. Perhaps they were trying to show the power they have.
"Sorry, we can not let our friends, or enemies, take advantage of us on trade any more".
On Monday, MPs in the House of Commons approved a motion denouncing Trump's name-calling tirade and endorsing Trudeau's decision to stand his ground against USA tariffs and tweeted presidential threats.
The president cites national security for imposing a 25 percent tariff on Canadian steel, and 10 percent on aluminum.
Canadian officials have stressed the two countries' extensive trading relationship and pointed out that Canada is the top export destination for 35 US states and that 9 million jobs in the United States depend on trade with its northern neighbor.
Republican Senator Susan Collins of ME said that while her state has experienced "frictions" with Canada over lobsters and other goods, the US should not be alienating one of its biggest trading partners.
- Amazon steps up Prime rollout at Whole Foods
- Unbeaten Deontay Wilder, Anthony Joshua appear poised for title unification bout
- Deontay Wilder agrees to fight Anthony Joshua in world heavyweight unification fight
- Halo Infinite may be next-gen, and may be single-player only
- At the Trump-Kim Summit, Human Rights Are on the Agenda
- ‘I took bullets’: Weepy Dennis Rodman claims credit for Trump-Kim summit
- Merkel disappointed by Trump’s u-turn on G7 statement
- Cristiano Ronaldo Reportedly 'Angry' at 'Derisory' Real Madrid Contract Offer
- Tottenham striker Kane knows he needs to break World Cup scoring hoodoo
- Tesla's Autopilot to get 'full self-driving feature' in August