Marko Arnautovic gave Brazil a couple of early frights before the South Americans went ahead in the 36th minute, Jesus scoring with a delightful dinked effort from a hard angle for his 10th goal in 17 internationals.
The most extreme examples were the Confederations Cup final against Spain in 2013 when Brazil battered their opponents with 26 fouls and the infamous World Cup quarter-final against Colombia in 2014, where they gave away 31 free kicks.
"You have to trust, you dream", Neymar told reporters.
They will head to Russian Federation in confident mood, having lost only one out of 21 games - a friendly against Argentina - in Tite's two years in charge.
Brazil arrived in Russian Federation on Monday hungry to make amends for their World Cup humiliation in 2014 with Neymar apparently fighting fit, as Lionel Messi cast doubt over his global future.
Fenella Fielding Awarded An OBE In Queen's Birthday Honours List
Defoe added that he feels "blessed and humbled" to get the honour, described it as his biggest achievement to date. Fenella has appeared on stage professionally for sixty-six years.
Five-times champions Brazil open their World Cup campaign against Switzerland on June 17.
Neymar Jr. and Philippe Coutinho added to the goal tally during the second half of the friendly match.
And Neymar blossomed in the final half-hour - when Austria's tight defense opened up - showing off his individual skills and crowning his performance with a fine finish that further cracked Austria's resistance. Argentina had to wait a long time before booking their spot at the 2018 World Cup, but Brazil absolutely breezed through their qualification section.
Jesus curled home the opener 10 minutes before the break, before Neymar increased Brazil's lead on 63 minutes - leaving an Austrian defender on his backside before slotting home.
Austria have not been present in the finals of a World Cup since the 1998 competition, and they failed to make it out of the group stages in France.
Marko Arnautovic has developed into a centre-forward at West Ham United, which is also the position that the 29-year-old is occupying for his nation.
Team doctor Mohamed Abou al-Ela admitted the striker, who scored 44 goals for Liverpool this season, was unlikely to play in Egypt's opening Group A match against Uruguay on Friday.
- Trump withdraws endorsement of G7 joint statement, slams 'weak' Trudeau
- Galaxy Note 9 could come with a dedicated camera button
- Vieira Finalizes Nice Move from New York City
- Emre Can: Liverpool announce midfielder to leave Anfield
- Liverpool meet with Xherdan Shaqiri’s representatives
- The most exciting games from Square Enix's E3 showcase
- US F-15 fighter jet crashes into sea off Okinawa, pilot rescued
- Skyrim Very Special Edition Is Real and You Can Download It Now
- White House: North Korea talks moving 'more quickly than expected'
- White House Economic Adviser: Canada's Trudeau 'Stabbed Us In The Back'