And the team behind startup Kitty Hawk, creators of the flying vehicle, say anyone will be able to learn how to fly it.
The company is now accepting applications - by invitation only - for a test flight model, the Straits Times reported. The flying auto is now available for pre-order.
The tiny craft has a wingspan of just 8ft x 13ft, and only has space for just one person.
BT Group CEO Gavin Patterson is to Step Down Later in 2018
BT said Mr Patterson, who has led the firm for five years, would remain in his post until a successor is chosen later this year. Mr Patterson said: "It's been an honour to lead BT since 2013 and serve as a member of the board for the last 10 years".
With the flying auto segment being more competitive than ever, we can expect to FLY in 5 years. Landing skids enable takeoff from land but are presumably designed for floatation, as the Flyer is meant to be used above water. The company also launched a new website, flyer.aero, to demonstrate the new flying vehicle. The company also seems to be suggesting it'll make flights available as a leisure experience, which strikes us as a great solution, particularly if the guys in charge quietly keep a remote control on hand in case a pilot gets out of their depth. Kitty Hawk says the Flyer is "easy to fly" but recommends professional training. Accepting such a death trap for day-to-day commute is going to be hard.
Flyer test drives were recently held at the company's testing facility at Lake Las Vegas in Nevada, the Straits Times reported.
As major cities continue to become more crowded, a number of firms, big and small, are in a race to deliver to the market small, low-noise aircraft that can be used to beat the traffic. Details on this project are, however, scarce.
Kitty Hawk raised $5 million in a funding round led by Santa Monica-based seed fund Bonfire Ventures, along with participation from Boeing HorizonX Ventures and Freestyle Capital, a company statement said. But the question remains - when will they really hit the market?
- Mercedes Delay Upgrade due to Quality Issues
- Trump issues warning to trade partners over retaliatory tariffs
- Son of Ryan O'Neal and Farrah Fawcett charged with attempted murder
- Rudy Giuliani Shares His Insights About Woman's Appearance, Career
- EA Play at E3 2018
- Taliban announces first cease-fire against Afghan forces for Eid al-Fitr
- EA Reveal New Details About Anthem And A New Trailer
- Yahoo Messenger is shutting down this July
- Watch the ‘First Man’ trailer, the Neil Armstrong biopic starring Ryan Gosling
- Doug Ford to transition to power in Ontario over next three weeks