It was on May 5th that the White House announced Melania had minor surgery for a "benign kidney condition", usually an out-patient procedure, but an expert says the first lady could have had complications including severe pain and bleeding.
Medical professionals who were not associated with Trump's treatment opined what her office described could have been a much simpler recovery.
She has since attended one closed-door White House event and is expected to appear in public later Wednesday, appearing at an event at the Federal Emergency Management Agency Headquarters with her husband. On Wednesday, she accompanied the president to a meeting on hurricane readiness at the Federal Emergency Management Agency headquarters with the president.
"She's doing great", Trump added. "She is first lady of America, but I'm first lady Trump, excuse me, and have three grown-up kids".
The seemingly unending speculation about her whereabouts appeared to irritate Trump and his wife.
Mamnoon Hussain, Xi discuss regional security, global issues in SCO summit
President Xi Jinping appreciated Pakistan for its proactive participation in SCO since becoming a member. The 2015 nuclear deal lifted that barrier.
Speaking to reporters from the South Lawn of the White House before taking off for the G7 Friday morning, President Trump explained why his wife won't be joining him.
"The statement I put out on May 14 was correct", Grisham said Friday in an email. "Thank you to the Gold Star families that joined us in celebration & remembrance", the tweet said. "And she's doing great". Mrs. Trump had a successful embolization procedure.
Two White House journalists said they were present when the first lady was spotted on May 30, and reported at the time that she looked well.
Her recent schedule has seen a noticeable shift from the weeks prior to the surgery, when she engaged in several high-profile events.
- Southgate's selection dilemmas heading into World Cup
- Everything that Happened at EA's E3 2018 Press Conference
- Liverpool FC consider move to sign 28-year-old as Alisson alternative
- The Cost of Removing CO2 From Air Significantly Reduced
- Canadian GP: Sebastian Vettel on pole position as Lewis Hamilton struggles
- Merkel expects difficult G7, will seek out Trump for talks
- Rockets ‘not a realistic’ option for James
- Gennady Golovkin Stripped of IBF Middleweight Title
- CDC: 'Throw away' pre-cut melons after salmonella outbreak
- Origin Access Premier service lets subscribers play full PC games before release