Had the Preakness been another tenth of a mile, a hard-charging Bravazo might've passed Justify and ended the Triple Crown bid on Saturday.
Earlier, Baffert and jockey Mike Smith teamed to win the $750,000 Ogden Phipps with Abel Tasman.
Just 12 horses have swept the Triple Crown, one of the rarest feats in sports.
The horse I was intrigued by in that race was Quip... who finished last. It's not as tough on him because he's a big horse. He quickly decided that in nearly 40 years as a jockey, he'd never ridden a more gifted 3-year-old.
He conquered the slop on May 5 to become the first horse since 1882 to win a Kentucky Derby without having raced as a 2-year-old and followed that feat with a damp and daring Preakness victory through soupy fog on May 16 that sent him to NY with the crown on the line.
Justify keeps showing something new each time he races.
President Trump: Warriors, Cavs Not Invited To White House
Smith ahead of Game 4 of the Finals between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Golden State Warriors . Silver spoke about the topic during an interview with ESPN's Stephen A.
First, he won the Kentucky Derby without having raced as a 2-year-old.
Justify started out hot on Saturday, taking a two-length lead over the rest of the field.
The thoroughbred now has won six races in as many tries. A lot of them he has already beaten, in either the Kentucky Derby or the Preakness, but there are a few new faces.
Breaking from the No. 1 post and ridden by jockey Mike Smith, Justify outran nine rivals in the "Test of the Champion".
It will be the first time Justify runs on a dry track in the Triple Crown series.
Justify's triumph came 45 years to the day that Secretariat won the Belmont by a record 31 lengths, in a record 2:24, to clinch the 1973 Triple Crown.
A crowd capped at 90,000 spectators roared its approval as the imposing chestnut colt prevailed for the sixth time in less than four months in a whirlwind campaign that allowed him to join Seattle Slew as the only undefeated Triple Crown winners.
- Merkel expects difficult G7, will seek out Trump for talks
- It’s official: ZTE will be back in business soon
- USA is a 'piggybank everyone is robbing', says Trump at G7
- Liverpool FC consider move to sign 28-year-old as Alisson alternative
- Recreational Marijuana Bill Passes In Canadian Senate
- Elections Ontario warns Ottawa-Vanier voters to double-check polling location
- Respawn’s Star Wars Game Officially Titled Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order!
- Chinese Hackers Steal Unclassified Data From Navy Contractor
- Sea Of Solitude Is About Loneliness And Embracing Negative Emotions
- Dub Dynasty: Hot-Shooting Curry Leads Warriors To NBA Title