Thunder Bay-Superior North returning officer Julio Gomes said the quickest way for voters to cast their ballots is to bring the voter information card received in the mail, though it is not required.
That's more than 5.7 million of the 10.2 million eligible to vote, and a milestone for Ontario, which has never had more than 5 million people show up in a provincial election. Check your mail. If you are registered to vote, the Montgomery County Board of Elections is mailing you a personalized sample ballot, with all the information you will need to vote in the 2018 Gubernatorial Election, depending on which political party you are registered with and where you live.
That number tops the turnouts from the past three provincial elections in 2007, when 56.8 per cent of those on the voters' list cast a ballot; 2011, when turnout dropped to 51.9 per cent; and 2014, which saw voter turnout of 52.5 per cent.
"If they have their voter card, double check it", Gomes said. Advanced voting was also up close to a whopping 19 per cent.
Then he or she would hand the ballot back to the official who would insert it into an electronic voting machine.
Most of the vote centers were open the week before the election, giving voters the flexibility to cast their ballot anywhere.
Buffett Says Health Venture CEO Pick to Be Disclosed in Weeks
Both men said they still want companies to release detailed quarterly and annual financial data, so investors can evaluate them. Several big companies like AT&T, Coca Cola, Facebook and UPS have stopped issuing quarterly earnings guidance.
When you head into the voting booth, you can mark an X for your preferred candidate or you can decline the ballot.
The last time voter turnout was this high was in 1999 - at 57.8 per cent - when Mike Harris was re-elected to a second majority government.
It's Election Day in San Diego and that means registered voters will get a chance to participate in the Gubernatorial Primary Election starting at 7 am. That's not a true representation on election night. Election officials used e-Poll books to strike voters' names from the Voters List before providing them with their ballot.
"It is also a violation of the Act to publish a photo on your social media channels or elsewhere of a completed ballot".
To find out where to vote, go to Elections Ontario's page on Voter Information Service.
- 4th time's the charm: Halep tops Stephens to win French Open
- Origin Access Premier service lets subscribers play full PC games before release
- Gennady Golovkin Stripped of IBF Middleweight Title
- Trump says that Russian Federation should be reinstated as a G8 member
- Respawn’s Star Wars Game Officially Titled Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order!
- Anthony Bourdain hanged himself with bathrobe belt, prosecutor says
- Porsche Taycan: Mission E's production name revealed, here in 2020
- The Cost of Removing CO2 From Air Significantly Reduced
- Mamnoon Hussain, Xi discuss regional security, global issues in SCO summit
- Google pledges not to use artificial intelligence for weapons or surveillance