The 33-year-old was asked after Friday's game whether if knew if Game 4 was his last as a Cavalier, and while James still is very much unclear about his future, he made note of the most important factor in his upcoming decision. The East might be a wild race, with Toronto, Philadelphia and Boston probably all likely to enter the year thinking they have NBA Finals potential - as will any team that has James on its roster next fall. The Warriors inflicted the first 4-0 NBA Finals blanking since the Cavaliers were swept by San Antonio in 2007.
While Cleveland were the clear underdog in the NBA Finals, they certainly had their chances, blowing a 13-point lead in Game 3 and giving away a win on the road in the opener after a disastrous final 36 seconds in regulation.
James once again gave a heroic effort, but it was not enough to stem the overwhelming and balanced talent of Golden State, which came into the series looking for a sweep after Cleveland denied them the opportunity a year ago for a ideal playoffs run.
Dominic Thiem awaits as Rafael Nadal eyes 11th title in Paris
The battle wore on and on, before, on the Austrian's fifth set point, Cecchinato went long to fall two sets behind. It was the last ATP match of his second career [returning after a freak roadside accident in Miami in 1989].
It would have been even more fun to win more than one, but one is enough. I'm glad that we came out and played a great game tonight.
A James slam dunk had Cleveland ahead 39-38 halfway through the second quarter, but Golden State responded to lead 61-52 at half-time and eased to victory from there. And it's no secret that Golden State is the superior team with more overall talent and depth. "Sometimes you can give everything you've got and still come up short".
Ultimately, not looking their best at times this season might make them better. I just appreciate what he's done for us this season.
Durant becomes the 11th player to win Finals MVP twice, joining six-time victor Michael Jordan, three-timers Magic Johnson, Shaquille O'Neal, Tim Duncan and James, and two-timers Kobe Bryant, Larry Bird, Hakeem Olajuwon, Willis Reed and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Instead, they'll be trying to make the parade more interactive.
Durant was voted the best player in this series - and he wants to keep growing.
Instead, Cleveland is only left to wonder if James is a game from leaving. I'll wake up Friday morning, I'll be locked in on the game plan and what needs to be done to help our team win.
- Chinese Hackers Steal Unclassified Data From Navy Contractor
- Elections Ontario warns Ottawa-Vanier voters to double-check polling location
- Anthony Bourdain hanged himself with bathrobe belt, prosecutor says
- Canadian GP: Sebastian Vettel on pole position as Lewis Hamilton struggles
- Kate Spade obituary - 1962-2018 - Style guru had flair and sophistication
- Del Potro powers past Cilic to set up Rafa clash
- USA is a 'piggybank everyone is robbing', says Trump at G7
- Youth killed by Israeli soldiers in West Bank village identified
- Merkel expects difficult G7, will seek out Trump for talks
- Ronaldo Makes An ‘Irreversible’ Decision To Leave Real Madrid