The shooting occurred amid clashes that broke out when troops entered the village to arrest a suspect.
Tamimi was later arrested and eventually accepted a plea bargain in which she was sentenced to an eight-month prison term due to end in mid-July.
Palestinian activist Bilal Tamimi told the official Wafa news agency that Israeli soldiers had prevented Palestinian medical teams from attending the youth.
There was no immediate confirmation of the decision from the Israeli side.
"An initial examination regarding the incident. found that a small number of bullets were fired. and that no shots were deliberately or directly aimed towards her", part of a brief statement issued by the Israeli army said.
The IDF confirmed that soldiers were indeed firing - but not at the terror-supporting volunteer nurse as she was tending to injured Gazans who were attempting to damage the security fence east of Khan Younis.
Serena Williams 'super excited' after doctor visit
For more sports coverage, visit the ABS-CBN Sports website . "But today was certainly not one of those steps". Her return has not been entirely smooth and she has won only one title since making her comeback.
The Palestinian Information Ministry said Israeli forces had killed Ezz El-Deen al-Tamimi, 21, in "cold blood".
The soldiers also shot another Palestinian with a live round and caused many others to suffer the effects of teargas inhalation, during protests that took place after the soldiers killed Tamimi. Growing despair in Gaza over blockade-linked hardships, including daily hours-long power cuts and rising poverty, have driven turnout. Israel and Hamas, which seeks Israel's destruction, have fought three cross-border wars since 2008. Al-Quds is the historic Arabic name for Jerusalem, and Iran says the day is an occasion to express support for the Palestinians.
Israel captured east Jerusalem in the 1967 Mideast war and annexed it to its capital, a move not recognized by most of the global community.
The Jerusalem Day protests are being held each year on the last Friday of the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan. USA -brokered peace talks collapsed in 2014.
The eastern sector houses major shrines revered by Muslims, Christians and Jews.
Chanting "Death to Israel", demonstrators protested Israel's occupation of Jerusalem, the city where Muslims believe Islam's Prophet Muhammad began his journey to heaven.
- Origin Access Premier service lets subscribers play full PC games before release
- Mitch McConnell cancels most of Senate's August break, blames it on Democrats
- Buffett Says Health Venture CEO Pick to Be Disclosed in Weeks
- Weeks elated with UNBC ranking on Young University list
- Rugged and chic: 2019 Jeep Renegade gets a stylish makeover
- The Cost of Removing CO2 From Air Significantly Reduced
- All Apple Watches are defective, alleges class-action lawsuit
- Warriors sweep away Cavaliers to repeat as National Basketball Association champions
- A ‘Game Of Thrones’ prequel has been ordered by HBO
- Michael Myers Has Returned! The HALLOWEEN Trailer is Upon Us!