FlySax pilots; Captain Barbra Wangeci Kamau (right) and her First Officer Jean Mureithi.
A surveillance helicopter spotted the plane belonging to the FlySAX airline near the town of Njabini on the edge of the Aberdares mountain range.
"Search and rescue teams. were activated immediately and have as at this evening yielded no results".
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority had on Tuesday night announced it stopped the search due to bad weather, which minimized chances of survival for those missing.
Preliminary reports also indicated the plane had also carried the owner of a private primary school in Turkana county.
As at the time of the address around 2pm, the police were yet to being the search for the missing plane, almost 20 hours after it was reported missing.
European Union sets July timeframe for USA tariff reprisals
The EU and Canada have imposed reciprocal sanctions on USA goods and have taken their complaint to the World Trade Organisation . But Trump took to Twitter earlier today to signal he's got his elbows up in advance of his Canadian debut in Quebec.
The two, who were flying at a height of 11,000 feet above sea level (approximately 3km high), were scheduled to use runway 24 at the JKIA to land.
The Cessna C208 aircraft, registration number 5Y-CAC, left a Kitale airstrip in Trans-Nzoia County at 4.05pm for Nairobi but lost contact with the control tower at 5.20pm.
Map showing where the airplane disappeared.
Others in the search mission included Kenya Red Cross, National Disaster Management Unit and Kenya Forest Service.
It said the aircraft had not been sighted and the search will continue.
- Xbox One’s E3 video game sale is now live
- Woman catches baseball in beer cup during San Diego Padres game
- Facebook bug made millions of users' default settings public
- The new BlackBerry smartphone is here - and yes, it has a keyboard
- Putin: US would need to offer firm guarantees to NKorea
- Michael McIntyre mugged by thieves that were armed with a hammer
- As 'Kaala' releases, Rajini begins his next film! details
- EPA chief Pruitt’s senior legal counsel resigns amid ethics complaints
- Reese Witherspoon confirms Legally Blonde 3 with fantastic nostalgic clip
- Queen Maxima of Holland's younger sister found dead in Argentina