NASA's new boss says major changes could be ahead for the International Space Station but there will always be an American astronaut in orbit. Eighty percent say the International Space Station has been a good investment for the country. The three astronauts will be greeted by their fellow Expedition 56 crewmates: NASA astronauts Drew Feustel and Ricky Arnold and cosmonaut Oleg Artemyev.
While human missions to Mars or the moon maintain a high-profile at NASA, and they're also part of the Trump Administration's long term goals for space exploration, public support for such missions is low.
According to NASA, the trio will orbit Earth a total of 34 times before arriving at the outpost on Friday, June 8. The hatch opening will occur at just after 11 a.m. ET, with the three astronauts entering the space station soon after.
They will spend six months aboard the station, joining the three-man crew that's already aboard.
State Trooper Pulls Over Retired Cop Who Delivered Him 27 Years Before
Bailly was pulled over Friday because of tinted windows on his vehicle and was advised to correct the problem, police said. Bailly, who responded to the emergency call, was able to deliver Patterson with the aid of a doctor, who was on the phone.
"Highlights of upcoming investigations include a new facility to study ultra-cold quantum gases, the first commercial European facility to conduct microgravity research, and a system that uses surface forces to accomplish liquid-liquid separation", NASA said.
The crew will have to perform 55 scientific experiments during their mission, as well as head into outer space, carry out maintenance work and shoot videos.
"Strong public support that the USA should continue to be at the vanguard of space exploration is widely shared across gender, educational and political groups".
A majority of Americans say NASA should remain a global leader in space exploration, but a recent Pew Research study looking at the public's perception of the US space program find support for a human mission to the moon or Mars is low.
- As 'Kaala' releases, Rajini begins his next film! details
- England recall Ball for Australia ODI series
- Vegas' Miller breaks nose late in Game 4 rout
- Jordan's king appoints new prime minister as protests rage
- Search for FlySax plane, its crew and passengers ongoing at Kinangop
- Golden State Warriors' Iguodala a game-time decision for Game 3
- Washington Capitals win first Stanley Cup in franchise history
- Woman catches baseball in beer cup during San Diego Padres game
- Kate Spade's Husband Releases Statement: 'There Was No Indication And No Warning'
- Rashford scores stunner as England ease past Costa Rica