The masked Michael Myers returns to Haddonfield, Illinois to finish the job he started 40 years ago in the very first trailer for the upcoming Halloween. But here it is...the big trailer for Halloween we have been waiting months and months for. Inspired by Carpenter's classic, filmmakers David Gordon Green and Danny McBride have crafted a story that carves a new path from the events in the landmark 1978 film.
What do you think of this trailer?
I'll admit, I was really nervous at first for a new Halloween movie.
Curtis told Coming Soon that the new film, set for release on October 19, "stylistically, characterologically, visually, emotionally. follows very similar themes but it's its own movie so it's a very clever mash-up, to use a young people's word, of the first movie in a retelling like a direct sequel but it's fascinating".
Sandra Bullock on Bonding with All-Female 'Ocean's 8' Cast
And then Cate Blanchett's like, 'Nice jeans, Hathaway!'.and then Rihanna looks up and goes, 'Damn, girl! "It's as simple as that". LISTEN: The Life Bites podcast explores the importance of women raising one another up, and how we can all be more supportive.
With Blumhouse on production duties and Carpenter himself getting an executive producer credit, the pedigree is there for this to be a worthy return for one of the all-time horror greats. I could not be more excited about Michael going back to just a regular, run of the mill slasher.
After making her screen debut as Laurie Strode in Halloween in 1978, Curtis went on to appear in its 1981 sequel and also had roles in 1983's Halloween III: Season of the Witch (voice only, uncredited), Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998) and Halloween: Resurrection (2002).
Michael Myers makes his unwelcome return in October (well, when else would he pop up again, eh?) and is reunited with Laurie (Jamie Lee Curtis).
There are two named listed as playing Michael on the IMDB page and one of them is Nick Castle, which is more than exciting. But the new Halloween seems to be ignoring these characters.
- Kathleen Willey: NBC Dropped the Ball with 'Serial Rapist' Bill Clinton
- Heinz Salad Cream may become 'Sandwich Cream'
- Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse Trailer Reveals Ultimate Villains
- Brexit: Barnier questions May's 'backstop plan'
- Argentina Soccer Game Cancelled Over Terror, Not Boycott — Israeli Sports Minister
- Rudy Giuliani Thinks Women in Sex Work Don't Deserve Respect
- Alice Johnson On President Trump: ‘Someone Finally Had Mercy On Me’
- More alleged Google Pixel 3 XL leaked images show off every angle
- NASA To Make Big Announcement On Mars Curiosity Rover Discovery This Week
- Trump vows to 'straighten out' G7 trade ahead of tense meeting