A woman was gored by a bison in Yellowstone National Park on Wednesday, June 6th. Hancock's group had come within ten yards of the bison as they walked about the boardwalk. The park's recommendation is that visitors give bison and elk at least 75 feet of space.
When it crossed the boardwalk, the bison became agitated and charged the crowd, goring Hancock. It then immediately fled the area.
Hancock sustained a hip injury, but was in good condition after being transported to a nearby hospital, the park service said.
A herd of bison grazes in the Lamar Valley of Yellowstone National Park, Aug. 3, 2016.
This incident is being investigated by Park staff; there is no word yet on whether the woman will be cited.
Kathleen Willey: NBC Dropped the Ball with 'Serial Rapist' Bill Clinton
Clinton is promoting his new fictional thriller, " The President Is Missing ", with best-selling author James Patterson . Colbert didn't let Clinton off the hook, however, and argued that the question should have been expected.
In a little over a month, four people have been injured by wildlife in Yellowstone.
The incident on Wednesday is the second time a park-goer has been attacked by a bison this year. Two women were injured in separate attacks by a cow elk near the Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel Sunday and Tuesday.
Park officials not that it's very common for cow elk to aggressively defend newborn calves and hide them near buildings and cars.
'Animals in Yellowstone are wild and unpredictable, no matter how calm they appear to be, ' the park's guidelines state. Rangers advise staying at least 25 yards away from animals like bison and elk, the park said.
'If you can't maintain these distances, turn around and find an alternate route'.
- Donald Trump calls for end to Russian expulsion from G7 grouping
- Shocking allegations about Wasim Akram, others in Reham Khan's new-book
- Beilein staying at MI after interviewing with Pistons
- First 'Halloween' Trailer Rewrites Franchise and Laurie Strode Is Out for Revenge
- Colin Kaepernick's Lawyers Seeking to Subpoena Trump
- NY judge allows 'Apprentice' contestant's lawsuit against Trump to proceed
- Rafael Nadal vs Juan Martin del Potro, French Open 2018
- Just Cause 4 confirmed thanks to Steam leak
- High-school bound students get ballistic shields
- Trump Floats Pardon of Muhammad Ali, Who Doesn’t Need One