The team selection was done by Aashish Kapoor, Gyanendra Pandey and Rakesh Parikh who are India's selectors at the U-19 level.
Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) senior official Rajiv Shukla also congratulated Arjun Tendulkar.
Arjun was a part of the Mumbai U19 squad a year ago in the Cooch Behar Trophy where he impressed with 18 wickets.
Xbox One’s E3 video game sale is now live
To learn everything Microsoft is offering before E3, you can check out the official listing over here at Xbox Wire . Microsoft says that more than 300 games will be on sale, with some titles starting as low as $19.99.
Arjun has also represented Mumbai in U-19 cricket, having collected a five-wicket haul against Madhya Pradesh in a Cooch Behar Trophy match in November past year. Most of the bowlers above him are spinners with only Ajay Dev Goud (33 wickets) being a genuine all-rounder. He's not found a place in the one-day squad, which will be led by Aryan Juyal in the five-match series. "He is a slow medium bowler while Arjun is quick bowler".
Arjun was part of the core group of U-19 cricketers who were attending the camp in Zonal Cricket Academy (ZCA) and played matches in Una.
Arjun though finished 43rd on the list of wicket-takers in the Cooch Behar Trophy, the national U-19 tournament.
Meanwhile, Mumbai U-19 coach Satish Samant told The Indian Express that Arjun had improved a lot in the recent past and has added a lot of variety to his bowling. It is an important milestone in his cricketing life.
His coach and former India global, Subroto Banerjee, had told Sportstar earlier that it is the dedication and hard work that has worked well for Arjun. "Anjali (Tendulkar) and I will always support Arjun in his choices and pray for his success", Tendulkar said. Such was his dedication that the former India captain sent his son to England to bowl at England batsmen in net session during the England-South Africa series. "So it's better he gets some match practice", the source said. With the Indian "A" team scheduled to tour England during the same period, WV Raman will take over the coaching duties from Under-19 World Cup winning coach Rahul Dravid.
- Kate Spade's Husband Releases Statement: 'There Was No Indication And No Warning'
- Jordan's king appoints new prime minister as protests rage
- Billionaire Koch brothers take on Trump over tariffs
- Tesla SUV, on Autopilot, Accelerated Before Fatal Mountain View Crash
- Melania Trump's spokeswoman distances first lady from Giuliani comments on Daniels affair
- Queen Maxima of Holland's younger sister found dead in Argentina
- Search for FlySax plane, its crew and passengers ongoing at Kinangop
- Warriors, Cavs stars say they're not going to White House
- 'Building blocks of life' found on Mars
- The pioneering woman who invented a life-saving test for newborns