To date, no injuries or other adverse reactions have been associated with the recall, FDA said.
Users can inspect the Naloxone before it is administered to a person by looking for particulate matter near the syringe and looking for discoloration before it is administered. They were sold to wholesalers, distributors and hospitals in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Guam between February 2017 and February 2018.
The company says it found loose particulate matter on the syringe plunger. And it's the latest in a string of supply chain mishaps for naloxone manufacturer Hospira and its parent company, drug giant Pfizer.
Hospira has notified retailers, hospitals and distributors of the recall to arrange for returns and exchanges on any impacted product. Adverse events related to these lots are unlikely, according to the US Food and Drug Administration, and may be as mild as local irritation, but may also include pulmonary dysfunction, emboli, infarction, or toxicity.
Police are pursuing a stolen tank across Central Virginia
It is alleged that the driver of the auto is a soldier who may be stationed at Fort Pickett , where the vehicle was stolen from. Police then used a dog to attack the suspect, before hitting him with a taser, according to the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
When administered, Naloxone can quickly restore normal respiration to someone whose breathing has slowed or stopped due to opioids.
Niese said his understanding is that first responders in the state primarily use Ohio's Central Pharmacy.
The recall impacts single units with lot numbers 72680LL and 76510LL in 0.4 mg/ml, 1 mL in, and 2.5 mL strengths.
78 people die each day from opioid overdoses. Nationwide, an estimated 60,000 people in the USA died from drug overdoses in 2016, more than gunshots or traffic accidents.
- Number of US diplomats in China hit by mystery illness: State Department
- OAS Passes Resolution Opening Way for Venezuela's Withdrawal
- Durant's heroics give Warriors 3-0 lead
- USA urges China to account for the 'ghosts' of Tiananmen
- Philadelphia 76ers team president Bryan Colangelo resigns from post
- Aston Villa miss £4m tax bill deadline as chief executive is suspended
- ZTE Signs Preliminary Agreement With Commerce Department To Lift US Ban
- Apple iOS 12 preview - what are the key features?
- Olympic champion Katie Taylor's father injured in boxing club triple shooting
- US official charged with taking US$800,000 from Chinese