- Even though there were no fresh cases have been reported, the death of a 39-year-old woman in Kerala today gave a scare to the people of the state.
"We had indicated at the outset itself, there could be a possible second outbreak and the vulnerable are those who would have in come in contact with the affected". The virus has so far claimed 16 lives in Kerala's northern districts.
Several staffers, including nurses and four doctors, of the Balussery taluk hospital in Kozhikode district were asked to go on leave on Friday.
For those unversed, Nipah virus, spread by fruit bats, causes communicable disease and is fatal for both animals and humans.
The Maharashtra public health department has made a decision to take preventive measures against Nipah virus cases which claimed 17 deaths in Kerala. The concerned people were reportedly in the contact list of those who have fallen victims to the deadly virus.
"Of the 18 positive cases, 16 have died and the remaining two are recovering well at the Kozhikode hospital".
Malaysia's leader expresses regret over ending MH370 search
The Malaysia Airlines plane vanished with 239 people on board in March 2014 while flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. It is therefore with a heavy heart that we end our current search without having achieved that aim.
Earlier, the district collector had informed that the schools in Kozhikode and Malappuram district will reopen on June 5. Normally, the schools reopen in the state on June 1. Roja, who was admitted to Kozhikode Medical College Hospital, was tested negative for NiV twice. The health minister, however, said that the situation didn't warrant the shutting down of the court, and people who were in contact with the victims are under surveillance.
Further, Meghalaya officials have added that no suspected cases of the virus have been detected in the state but they have begun taking precautions and have alerted the health personnel.
The team concerned at the MoPH will receive related reports round-the-clock on its hotlines: 66740948 and 66740951.
Experts from Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) - the apex body in the country for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research - will be reaching here on Monday and the antibody would be administered only if it was necessary.
Last week, the Kerala government issued a health advisory for people traveling to the affected districts.
- Canon Finally Closes the Door on Film Cameras
- Motorola to livestream its handsets’ launch on Twitter
- China: Tariffs by US would wipe out trade progress
- Pakistan's ex-judge to become interim prime minister
- PlayStation Plus Games For June Revealed: Trials Fusion, XCOM2
- LG V35 ThinQ debuts with 6.0-inch OLED display, Snapdragon 845
- Tensions rise as US warns China on South China Sea
- Amazon to block Australians from global websites due to tax
- Pedro Sanchez sworn in as Spain's new prime minister
- Donald Trump slams Russian Federation investigation for costing taxpayers near $17 million