Colangelo acknowledged using one of the Twitter handles reported by The Ringer, @phila1234567, which didn't have an account name.
"The probe hasn't been completed - and a final decision has yet to be rendered - but the fallout a report by The Ringer that connected Twitter accounts unleashing privileged information and provocative attacks surrounding the Sixers has left ownership flushed with embarrassment and anger - and Colangelo fighting for his professional life, league sources said", the report states.
Sources said Sixers employees are preparing for a possible dismissal of Colangelo, even if it is revealed that a family member used the "burner" accounts and not him.
Ownership's main fear is that the Colangelo scandal has hurt his credibility inside and outside the franchise and could affect free agency when LeBron James and Paul George are expected to hit the market, ESPN reported.
Bryan Colangelo and his wife may soon have more time to discuss exactly what the other has been doing lately on Twitter.
Trump Issues Full Pardon for Conservative Activist Dinesh D’Souza
But prosecutors said the charges were nonpolitical and arose out of the FBI's "routine review " of campaign filings. D'Souza told Fox & Friends that he did not know Trump was about to call personally call him to announce the pardon.
The discovery of these Disqus comments is the latest turn in an endlessly freaky saga that began Tuesday night when The Ringer presented compelling evidence that five burner Twitter accounts, some of which had tweeted sensitive information, all were linked to Colangelo.
He has surrendered his cellphone to the law firm as part of the investigation. This account, unlike the other four, did not actively tweet. Per Wojnarowski and Lowe, Colangelo has had talks with the organization regarding the possibility that his wife, Barbara Bottini, controlled the accounts.
When news of the accounts came out, Colangelo and Embiid reportedly spoke.
The 52-year-old told Yahoo Sports that he believes there's someone "out to get him".
"The notion here was, let's find out what's going on", Silver said. "If true though, that would be really bad". "You have to separate sort of the chatter and sort of what either fans or, frankly, the media are saying from the facts. And the first thing we have to do here is determine what the actual facts are, in this circumstance", said Silver.
- USA officials travel to N Korea over preparation of likely summit
- Zidane resigns as Real Madrid head coach in shock announcement
- Facebook ditches trending news section
- Golden State Warriors beat Cleveland Cavaliers in overtime in game one
- USA set to impose tariffs on steel from Canada, EU, Mexico
- Here's what went down at Kanye West's Wyoming listening party
- Official says Cohen prosecutors will get phone contents soon
- Johnson offers condolences over killing of Russian journalist Babchenko in Kyiv
- Lions, pumas escape from German zoo; police in pursuit
- Boston Celtics: Marcus Morris shows up when it matters most