It also places YouTube squarely in the race for music streaming dominance already led by Spotify (75 million subscribers) and Apple Music (50 million paid and free members). YouTube Red is being rebranded to 'YouTube Premium, ' with a minor price hike ($11.99/month) and promised expanded availability.
YouTube Music already comes with a modicum of protection against any licensed songs it may officially lack, as one of the key selling points of the service is its integration with music-related videos that live on YouTube proper. YouTube only needs to convert a small percentage of the 1.8 billion users now using its free, ad-supported platform into paying subscribers to become a true subscription threat, one that Morgan Stanley - which values YouTube at $160 billion (more than Disney) - estimates could have 25 million subs by 2022.
The problem is that YouTube users have long made it clear they won't pay for their music content. That'll continue to be the case with YouTube Music, and a redesigned mobile and desktop app will serve up music videos, tunes, and plenty more easily. The good times are back again, but the record industry is not going to repeat that lesson.
Of course, video remains YouTube's specialty, and there's nowhere better for finding official music videos from artists.
YouTube's reign as the "most used app" continues after dominating the online streaming video market.
YouTube Music shuffles awkwardly on stage with shaky rollout - AndroidPIT
In response to a user asking if their 14,000 uploaded songs and "carefully curated playlists" would remain the way they are during this transitional period, head of music at YouTube T. Jay Fowler confirmed that information will transfer from Google Play Music to Youtube Music in the tweet above.
You can find and install YouTube Music on the Google Play Store, but you might not be able to actually use it yet.
Google also said you will eventually be able to purchase songs in YouTube Music, though the songs would presumably be from Google Play.
While Android might have a basic built-in audio player, features like adding songs to a playlist and other controls might be lacking.
As previously stated, the plan is for YouTube Music to replace Google Play Music sometime in 2019. It now has a total of 44 destinations that can be tracked including the United Kingdom and the US.
Warriors' outburst sinks Rockets, forces game seven
TNT is included in the Hulu Live TV package so you'll be able to quickly join in time to watch Rockets Warriors Game 6 online . About 10,000 fans purchased tickets to the Game 6 viewing party at the Toyota Center.
- Cop Pulls James Corden And Adam Levine Over While Shooting Carpool Karaoke
- ZTE may live, as Trump administration reportedly reaches deal to revive it
- Madrid confirmed as European aristocrats but Ronaldo remarks tar victory
- Putin denies Russian Federation responsible for MH17 downing
- LeBron James and the Cavaliers win Game 6 against Celtics, 109-99
- Far Cry 5 Announces Vietnam DLC, Zombies, and Sci-Fi Goodness
- Seafood-lovers have more sex and take less time to get pregnant
- Putin Blasts Trump for Canceling Summit: Kim ‘Did Everything He Promised'
- I don't mind if Red Bull have Monaco pace - Hamilton
- Donda’s House changing name after Kim Kardashian Twitter fight with Rhymefest