Now, a four-hour documentary, The Case Against Adnan Syed, will delve deeper into the subject.
Adnan Syed, whose murder conviction was the focus of the popular Serial podcast, will be profiled in a forthcoming four-part investigative docuseries from HBO Documentary Films and European network Sky. His original conviction and his subsequent efforts to get a new trial have galvanized people throughout the world since they were featured in 2014 in the "Serial" podcast, which was produced by former Baltimore Sun reporter Sarah Koenig.
In 2016, Judge Martin P. Welch granted Syed a new trial, after it was ruled he had received ineffective counsel from his lawyer, Cristina Gutierrez.
Gina Haspel, CIA pick, easily clears intel committee
He demolished any trust the public might have in the intelligence committee's ability to provide real oversight of the CIA. Haspel supervised one of the covert detention sites in Thailand where suspects were harshly interrogated.
According to an HBO news release, the series has been in production since 2015 and will feature new discoveries as well as "groundbreaking revelations that challenge the state's case".
Working Title TV and Instinct Productions are producing, and NBC Universal International Studios are distributing the follow-up to the case, which will play on the Sky Atlantic channel in the United Kingdom and in the USA on HBO, Reuters reported. We'll be offering viewers a compelling window into one of the most talked about murder cases in recent years.
Adnan Syed is about to be tried - again - in the court of public opinion. While we might miss Serial's classic theme music, Nick Cave and experimental musician Warren Ellis are locked in to collaborate on the series' almost-certainly-eerie soundscape.
At this point, no specific premiere date for the series has been confirmed.
- Barcelona include Messi, Iniesta in squad for Mamelodi Sundowns friendly
- Could legal sports gambling become a reality in Colorado?
- Man Dies After E-Cigarette Explodes, Autopsy Finds
- Closed Beta for The Crew 2 Starts Later This Month
- BSNL takes on Reliance Jio with Rs 118 prepaid unlimited data plan
- UK slashes maximum stake on gambling machines to £2
- Teachers rally outside NC Capitol for better pay, increased school funds
- Panama Papers Film Set to Star Hollywood A List
- Missing in action: James Murdoch
- Coastal Awards rank Welsh beaches among the best in the world