Called the Xbox Adaptive Controller, the device is meant to be an easy-to-use and affordable way for gamers with limited mobility to play the games standard gamepads have so long created barriers to.
"For gamers with limited mobility, finding controller solutions to fit their individual needs has been challenging". This follows Microsoft's past attempts at bringing gaming to all possible audiences. These include support for PDP's One-Handed Joystick for the Xbox Adaptive Controller, Logitech's Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, and Quadstick's Game Controller, and there are further partner devices on a list that can be found here. No India availability has been announced just yet either. Xbox boss Phil Spencer took to the official Xbox website to explain the development process. Despite this, more than one in three young, disabled gamers told us they feel excluded due to a lack of accessibility. Our goal was to make the device as adaptable as possible so that players can create a configuration that works for them in a way that is plug-and-play, extensible and affordable.
The core of the Xbox Adaptive Controller is a flat slab of a device, complete with two large buttons created to be much easier to access, as well as a d-pad and other smaller buttons. These can be programmed within the Xbox Accessories app to function as any of the standard Xbox controller's inputs.
Xbox Adaptive controller is a device targeted to the people who don't have the luxury to use their hands like normal people.
Rapper TI Is Arrested on Public Drunkenness
It didn't take long for the rapper to be released and his mug shot said that he was anything but stressed about the situation. Sadow says T.I. contacted his wife Tameka "Tiny" Cottle, who confirmed her husband should be allowed inside the community.
The Xbox Adaptive Controller has over 20 inputs on its top side, enabling the controller to work with other modular components built to make gaming easier for those that need the extra help. We couldn't be prouder to have their support in introducing the Xbox Adaptive Controller.
Microsoft has been doing loads of stuff lately to empower people who deserve extra care. It will be available for US$99.99 later this year, and Microsoft says it will share more information at E3 in a few weeks.
We'll report back more on the controller as more is known.
- Samsung announces two new Galaxy S9 and S9+colours
- Petrol, diesel prices touch new high in two days
- Woman arrested after disturbing feces-throwing incident at BC Tim Hortons
- Man United Starting XI Prediction: FA Cup Final vs Chelsea
- Novartis Lawyer Retires in Relation to Cohen Payments
- Meghan Markle's half-sister reportedly in auto crash after 'paparazzi confrontation'
- Ramadan: Buhari greets Muslims, urges them to show more love for humanity
- Deadly California Blast Caused by Explosive Device
- Former Malaysian PM faces new corruption probe after election defeat
- Everton end ties with Allardyce