Microsoft's new devices are expected to boast 10-inch screens, roughly the same size as the standard iPad and smaller than the 12-inch screens on the Surface Pro range. I've heard conflicting things as to whether Microsoft plans to brand these as Surface Pro devices or use another new Surface brand. This is further supported by the fact that the upcoming models' battery life will reportedly be about four hours shorter than their pricier counterpart. In any case, the Intel processors will mean that the cheap Surface tablet will be able to run any Windows software right out of the box without any system changes, which would be undoubtedly good news for a school's IT department.
Microsoft, naturally, won't respond to queries about the device, which is reportedly set for a release in the second half of this year.
There's been a mysterious rise in ozone-destroying emissions
The most likely source, according to the study , is from new, unreported production from an unidentified source in East Asia. This led the researchers to posit that someone might be indulging in the production of the chemical.
Microsoft previously released the $499 Surface RT in 2012 to limited success before switching to the Surface Pro line. The tablets will run Windows 10 Pro out of the box, although there's no word as to whether S Mode will be enabled by default. Apple sells several versions of its iPads, including those equipped with just Wi-Fi and those that also offer Wi-Fi and cellular connections that let you access the internet anywhere Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint have a signal.
At Apple's Spring 2018 event in Chicago the company announced a new 9.7-inch iPad dubbed its "most affordable" model yet. Since then, Microsoft has positioned its Surface devices for the business and professional markets.
Currently, Microsoft's Surface Pro lineup starts at $799.
Earlier this week, Microsoft unveiled its next-generation conference room display called the Surface Hub 2.
- Deadly California Blast Caused by Explosive Device
- California mother charged with felony child abuse
- Woman arrested after disturbing feces-throwing incident at BC Tim Hortons
- See the Xbox Adaptive Controller in Action
- Petrol, diesel prices touch new high in two days
- Teachers rally outside NC Capitol for better pay, increased school funds
- Bolton: US Could Sanction European Companies Doing Business With Iran
- Golden Knights top Jets 3-1, tie up Western Conference finals
- LeBron James named as one of three finalists for 2018 NBA MVP
- The great internet debate: Yanny or Laurel