Simeone will be serving the second of a four-match touchline ban on Thursday after being sent off for losing his temper in the semi-final first leg at Arsenal.
It may have been Griezmann's parting gift amid Barca's interest in the France worldwide forward, who opted to remain in Madrid for the 2017-18 season despite Manchester United's efforts to lure the 27-year-old to the Premier League.
Simeone's side endured agonising defeats to city rivals Real Madrid in the 2014 and 2016 Champions League showpieces but have fond memories of thrashing Athletic Bilbao 3-0 in the 2012 Europa League final in Bucharest. He will spearhead the attack alongside Diego Costa. "We did so again tonight".
"It was a dream of mine to win a trophy with Atleti, with Simeone and with my team mates", Griezmann added.
"We hoped that he'd be at 100 per cent and we gave him a fitness test this morning".
However, Simeone has worked wonders with Atletico since being appointed in late 2011 and sealing Europa League victory six months later.
"The scoreline is harsh but the better team won".
"It is never good to make comparisons".
Sidhu need not go to Jail
A bench comprising Justices J Chelameswar and Sanjay Kishan Kaul had reserved the verdict after hearing the arguments on 18 April. There is not a single evidence that suggests that the cause of death was a cardiac arrest and not brain haemorrhage.
He said: "Experience is a little thing that can help but it's not going to have too much influence".
- Will home advantage count? We didn't start the Champions League very well (this time) but reinvented ourselves in this competition.
The 34-year-old Torres, who is leaving Atletico at the end of the season, finally won a trophy with his beloved club.
Atletico's fans vastly outnumbered by those making the short trip from Marseilles and their side comfortably held off the French club, who lost Dimitri Payet to injury in the first half and did not create enough chances to break down one of Europe's toughest defences.
"We are not far away in sporting terms from teams who are more powerful than us".
He said that he would love his star player, who had the flawless final preparation for World Cup duties with the French national side with this win, to stay and continue to develop with the side.
- Middlesbrough boss Tony Pulis: We did not create enough against Aston Villa
- The Surface Hub 2 can 'tile' four units into one big display
- 'This is not what she wants'
- Is This Voice Saying 'Yanny' or 'Laurel?'
- President Trump Says First Lady 'Doing Really Well'
- Nokia X6 specs, price leaked: Notch display, Snapdragon 636 and more
- Meghan Markle's half-sister reportedly in auto crash after 'paparazzi confrontation'
- Anne Frank's dirty jokes revealed
- England hand Buttler Pakistan Test recall
- Trump may have to acknowledge Stormy Daniels payments