Sandhaven is listed among 65 beaches in the United Kingdom to receive the Blue Flag award and one of 125 to secure the Seaside Award.
Of the 125 Seaside Awards handed out this year, 50 went to the South-west, 21 to the South-east and the East of England picked up 18.
"Shanklin is delighted to be recognised by this prestigious award and thank all involved in achieving it - it is very much a team effort, and this recognition is a credit to all that have contributed to maintaining and improving the quality of our provision".
In total, 65 beaches around the country can now proudly fly a Blue Flag - an global award which means visitors can be sure they are clean and safe.
The announcement means the South West retains its title as Britain's beach capital, having won more awards than anywhere else in the country. The views from Weymouth Beach and the bay are spectacular, stretching across the horizon and taking in the Jurassic Coastline.
Golden Knights top Jets 3-1, tie up Western Conference finals
The expansion Vegas Golden Knights evened the Western Conference final at 1-1 Monday with a 3-1 victory over the Winnipeg Jets . The Jets closed the scoreless second period and started the third on the power play and still couldn't get the puck past Fleury.
The winners were announced by Keep Wales Tidy on a year which marks the 30th anniversary of the Blue Flag.
Keep Britain Tidy's Chief Executive Allison Ogden-Newton said: "Blue Flag leads the fight back for the Blue Planet".
Research from Keep Britain Tidy has revealed cleanliness of the beach is the number one cause for concern for families visiting beached in England - with 40% worrying about unclean water, 38% put off by litter and two in five (42%) saying they're put off by dog mess.
"When you enjoy a trip to a beach flying a Seaside Award flag, you know you are on one of the safest, cleanest and very best in the country".
This year environmental charity Keep Britain Tidy is presenting 190 awards, including 65 global Blue Flags and 125 Seaside Awards (eight more than last year), with 42 beaches achieving both awards.
- Novartis Lawyer Retires in Relation to Cohen Payments
- New case of E. coli in Wisconsin linked to romaine lettuce
- Bolton: US Could Sanction European Companies Doing Business With Iran
- Too many people of color arrested so NYC must overhaul pot policy
- Man United Starting XI Prediction: FA Cup Final vs Chelsea
- California mother charged with felony child abuse
- China Trade Talks in DC to Focus on 'Rebalancing' Relationship
- PUBG Mobile update brings a new desert map and more
- Woman arrested after disturbing feces-throwing incident at BC Tim Hortons
- Former Malaysian PM faces new corruption probe after election defeat