Mourinho revealed after Saturday's 1-0 win over Watford that he has no plans to search for a successor to Faria, saying he would restructure his backroom staff instead.
Michael Carrick's absence on the field will no doubt be felt after he called time on his 12-year stint at the Manchester club. The 36-year-old club captain will not be a direct replacement...
It is clear, though, that the seat is being kept warm for the five-time title victor.
The former England midfielder also said he meant to be a "pest" by picking the brains of as many people as possible as he embarks on his foray into coaching and potentially management in the future.
"We've lost big players in the past - huge players, bigger than me - and the club has moved on and still be successful", Carrick said.
"I don't think it (an immediate appointment) makes sense when Rui is leaving after 17 years".
OLI SCARFF GettyImages
"Moving forward I will organize my coaching staff in a way where the assistant manager figure doesn't exist", Mourinho said. I would like to thank him for the opportunity and confidence, for the knowledge and experience, but most importantly for his friendship. The 24-year-old is widely reckoned as the one of the best performing right-backs over the past 24 months and United are supposedly keen on his signature after knowing of his relatively cheap £44m release clause.
Requested if this felt like the top of an period, Mourinho informed MUTV: 'Sure, however possibly in the future we're taking part in towards one another within the Premier League.
"I have a lot of memories to cherish, some I'll never forget, especially of this place".
The tweet read: "Carrick, wonderful person and sensational player".
Mourinho said on the United website: "17 years... in Leiria, Porto, London, Milan, Madrid, London again and Manchester".
And it was the former England midfielder who made the decisive contribution, his superb lifted throughball enabling Juan Mata to tee up Marcus Rashford to break the deadlock.
Barcelona include Messi, Iniesta in squad for Mamelodi Sundowns friendly
That is the big question ahead of Wednesday's friendly between Mamelodi Sundowns and Barcelona . Barcelona got off to the flawless start thanks to Ousmane Dembele in the third minute.
- White House Eliminates Major Cybersecurity Position
- Students and Resource Officer Praised After School Shooting Incident
- Democratic Lawmaker Gives Scott Pruitt Brutal Reality Check During Senate Hearing
- Surgeon General to the Rescue During Delta Flight
- CBS' Murphy Brown Revival Will Be Taking on Cable News
- Riz Ahmed Wants to Write 'Ms. Marvel' With Mindy Kaling
- Turkish Banker Sentenced To 32 Months In Iran Sanctions Case
- Dutch striker Bas Dost hurt in attack on Sporting Lisbon training ground
- Sky and HBO to make documentary about Serial subject Adnan Syed
- Battlefield V announced, official reveal coming next week