But, per Sky Sports, the Court of Arbitration (CAS) for Sport upheld an appeal by the World Anti-Doping Agency to extend said ban after it expired this month.
Paolo Guerrero, who at one point wasn't heading to the cup and then was, officially won't be at the tournament after the Court of Arbitration for Sport imposed a 14-month ban on the player. The suspension finished 10 days ago.
But WADA lodged an appeal - alongside another from Guerrero seeking to quash his sanction altogether - requesting the Federation Internationale de Football Association decision was set aside and a ban of one to two years implemented.
"FIFPro considers the ban unfair and disproportionate, and the latest example of a World Anti Doping code that too often leads to inappropriate sanctions, especially when it has been established that there was no intent to cheat", it said.
"The CAS made a decision to increase Mr Guerrero's suspension from 6 to 14 months, starting today (Monday), with the period of provisional suspension of 6 months already served by Mr Guerrero being credited against the total period of ineligibility to be served", said a CAS statement.
Macy's Lifts Outlook After Solid First Quarter
Net cash used by financing activities in the first quarter of 2018 was $99 million, contrast with $273 million a year ago . Following the transaction, the chief financial officer now owns 67,515 shares in the company, valued at $1,984,265.85.
Peru, who have made it to the World Cup qualification for the first time since dating way back in 1982, will be playing the group stage round with Australia, Denmark and France in Group C in Russian Federation.
The 2018 FIFA World Cup will be the fifth World Cup appearance for Peru.
"However, the Panel considered that the Player did bear some fault or negligence, even if it was not significant, and that he could have taken some measures to prevent him from committing the [doping violations]".
Tea infused with coca leaves, which are used as the raw ingredient in cocaine, is popular in Andean countries and a traditional treatment for altitude sickness.
- Allan McGregor 'Buzzing' After His Rangers Return is Confirmed
- WWE Raw Likely To Stay On USA Network
- Closed Beta for The Crew 2 Starts Later This Month
- Sky and HBO to make documentary about Serial subject Adnan Syed
- Man Dies After E-Cigarette Explodes, Autopsy Finds
- BSNL takes on Reliance Jio with Rs 118 prepaid unlimited data plan
- Italian great Gianluigi Buffon set to announce retirement
- Missing in action: James Murdoch
- The troubled history of the East Coast rail franchise
- Gina Haspel, CIA pick, easily clears intel committee